Will we need to carry phones everywhere ?

Lynnlamb61

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Celebrity hasn't done the muster drill on a hot, crowded deck for years.

That's great! The last (only) Celebrity cruise we did was four years ago. I'm pretty sure our muster was in the Retreat Lounge (Millenium). Very crowded, not enough seating so many people ended up sitting on the floor while the crew searched for people who failed to show up. At least it wasn't a hot outdoor deck. 🙂 But we've never done muster on any ship via TV or app. That will be a welcome change.

As for menus, all the restaurants where we live now are using a QR code for the menu. I would have to guess that they must have a few paper copies somewhere (I've never asked), but generally you have to scan the code and view the menu on your phone. I hate it! I really prefer having a regular menu. But we manage. 

Last time visiting an Olive Garden, pre-pandemic, we were confronted with a small screen on which to order meals and drinks.  Really dumb.  Discussed with the manager and he agreed it created more problems than it solved.  Haven't been back since.  I like tech, especially the kind that helps behind the scene, such as FCW in a car.  Tech for tech's sake is intrusive and expensive.  

On 6/3/2021 at 9:12 AM, upwarduk said:

From what I’ve read( but of course not yet experienced) Muster drill will be through your TV. You then have to report to a pre designated place to have your name off a list, as having completed the drill.

No gatherings due to COVID restrictions.

Yes the TV is a better option for Muster Drills!

Your comment reminds me of my favorite Muster Drill ... 🙂 ... we were doing a back-to-back and didn't not have to attend a Muster Drill for the 2nd leg of the back-to-back ... by that time I had a favorite bartender and he poured me a 'very dirty' martini during the scheduled Muster Drill! ... 🙂 ... what a joy to be at the bar instead of a Muster Drill gathering!