Children and upper berths???

firehunny

Hello all! We are sailing on Sovereign of the Seas in December and booked a quad cabin for us and 2 children. Our son is 7 and average size and our daughter is 11 and no bigger than our son. We are wondering if the upper berths have railings the length of the bed or if RCI has removeable rails for them. I am worried they will fall out of bed either onto the floor or onto myself or DH (OUCH).

Thanks for any info!

Melissa

The pullman style berths we have had on RCCI (Radiance, Voyager class vessles) have always had integrated rails. Our DD has slept in the berths since she was 3YO and we've never had a concern.

Make rules about what is and is not appropriate behavior in the pullman - for example "use the ladder for getting up and down" and you should be fine.

The bottom beds can be turned into a double bed. Just ask.

The bunks are on the left and right side opposite far end from the door. If you have a view- they are on either side. I don't know about balcony rooms as I have not been in one.

It does get crowded with 4 so plan on using luggage that will fit under the beds. It frees up a lot space.

My then 18 year old 4th son slept in the upper bunk with out issue. Your 11 year old should be very comfortable

Beth

I had no problems with my daughter (13) sleeping on the Pullman style bunks...I arranged the bed so the rail was up near her head (they had set up the bunk so the pillow was by the opening and the rail was from her torso downwards). We didn't have any children falling on us during the night! :D

Archived