My Week Aboard The Miracle-Part 3

cruisinjules

Wed. 2/8/06- Cozumel! This was the one port I truly loved. This little island is precious. The people here were the best, the taxi drivers most honest and most available and most organized!

Today we awoke to incrediably blue water and fabulous sunny skies. We had our nice little breakfast on the Lido Aft, then packed our beach bags for the tender to Cozumel. The tenders here were busy! The ride is short, all of 2 minutes, and the sight of the island is slightly heartbreaking. All the tree tops are gone, and many buildings are still in disrepair. But these people are grateful for the cruisers who visit and it is quickly getting rebuilt. I planned todays excursion which was a day pass at the Occidental Grand Cozumel. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! The taxi ride there is $15.00 the day pass is $50.00 and included everything! Check out the Occidental web site to see for yourself how gorgeous this property is. All food, all drinks, cocktails for those who need em, pool use, private beach use. Very nice. Very secure, clean, great value in my opinion. I would for sure spend a week here, very very 5 star resort.

After sunning, shell hunting, and eating, we headed back to Puerta Maya to shop alittle. No bargains, so I bought my fridge magnet, as I buy from everywhere I travel, and we boarded the tender and headed back to the ship.

Dinner was good again, dessert was good, again, and the antics of the servers/dancers were fun, again. Also, this night I went for some of the 24 hour pepperoni pizza at around 11pm, and it was excellent. Being from Chicago, I am qualified to rate pizza. We followed up this treat with the 24 hour soft serve icecream, also delightful, and then plopped in bed. As I fell to sleep I wondered about where my "fat" pants might be packed were for when I got home, lol....part 4 tonight. I am so glad those reading this are enjoying. Writing this is treating my PCD...post cruise depression.:)

At 11:30pm, on the Lido deck, there was a late night dining option. I never examined it closely though, so I cannot elaborate on the ediables. I did order a roast beast sandwich from room service though. I had brie on it which I had never tried, and really liked!

VERY EASY! Just show up! No reservation needed. I even called resort direct before I went, and confirmed in broken english, lol, that no reservation was needed, the cost was $50.00, they accept credit cards, and it included EVRYTHING, beers, drinks, GREAT FOOD, pool use, private beach access, etc.

This was my best excursion. When you arrive at Puerta Maya Pier, walk over to Taxi stand. There are signs clearly pointing where taxi stand is. Ask driver cost to go to Occidental Grand Coz resort, and he should quote you $15.00. I tipped $5.00. Going back was no prob. Bell man called me a Taxi, and for $15.00 we went back to pier. Trip there and back is 10-15 min.

At resort, twice I was offered a half price day pass if I agreed to do a time share presentation. Hey, its not Mey-Hee-Co if you are not offered amazing prizes to do a time share presentation. I passed on that, twice. I suggest you pass too or they hold you captive for two hours shocked at your refusal to buy a time share.

Jules - I know that the Miracle arrives on Cozumel at 9:00 a.m. What time did you finally get to the pier with tenders, etc. Tons of ships in port with the Miracle and wondering what time we can get to Paradise Beach. Concerned that it won't be until after 10 and by then, will probably be packed.

Thanks!

Unless you have a Carnival excursion booked, you will probably not be getting in a tender till 10:15-10:30. There was only one other ship on the Wed we were there, so maybe the say schedule will apply when you were there. The tenders themselves are quick. They anchor very close to shore, you could almost swim.

Archived