seagrape beach-advice needed!

tracysue

We are going to grand cayman in 2 weeks (yea!) - 2 husbands and kids going to stingray tour - 2 wives - we were thinking of seagrape -

need advice!

The husbands and kids are meeting up with us - is this a great beach? I heard it is crowded and expensive - but is so nice that this is the place -

but would rather hear from people that have been there - and experienced it!

Thanks so much!:D

We did not find it to be particularly crowded when we went. The beach itself is free. Chairs cost $10 (or did when we went). Food is pretty expensive, but prices are very high in Grand Cayman, so just be prepared. It is very pretty and it is nice to have the food and restrooms etc. available. There is a bus/taxi stop right there, so it's easy to get to and from the ship. I'm sure you can spend a bunch of money if you rent a lot of things or drink at the bar.

Public Beach (Also along 7 mile beach) on Grand Cayman isn't bad either...not too crowded. The whole beach is 7 miles long...walk down a bit and stake out your own spot....and you will be away from the crowds no matter where you go, whether at Seagrape or another spot.

Really...I have been 4 times to Grand Cayman...my favorite day was when we went to the sandbar to see the sting rays and then went to 7 mile beach afterwards... Why on earth are you letting your husbands have all the fun???:p I saw infants in the water with the stingrays while we were there...they are really gentle and it was exciting and fascinating!

Here is a link to my review of the whole day with our friends...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=273067

We spent several hours at Seagrape in Nov. after our stingray excursion and really enjoyed it. It was not overly crowded, but keep in mind that I live an hour from Myrtle Beach, so I am accustomed to VERY crowded beaches. We ate lunch at the beach bar there, and our food was very good, albeit a little pricey. We both had bacon cheeseburger baskets that came with fries and slaw and each had a coke, and I believe our bill was around $22 which we really did not think was bad because the burgers were delicious, the service was good and the view was awesome. Also, we really could have split one basket because they were huge! And we like to eat!!! We were there from 11:30 until 2:30 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Would go back again if we had the chance. Oh, btw... a taxi to/from there from town will be $5 pp each way. Have a good time.

we were at seagrape beach this past saturday (wahhhh!) and we were the only ship in port that day so they discounted our chairs which was nice. we were right next to red sail rentals and got ourselves some water floats ($5./per day) and just floated around in the water. it was soooo nice. had a few beers/pops. taxi is always available. we were told that when there are a lot of ships there you sometimes need to allow 1-2 hours to get back through traffic so beware. it was indeed a beautiful spot.

Sounds fabulous! Everything you all said confirms that it is to be very nice and great food!

I did hear about the traffic! (yuck!) - so we will watch it (good hint!)

Thank you all! We can't wait!

2 weeks from today - think of the beach!:D

we'll be the ones with the sun glasses on! YEA!

I understand the traffic back to the ships can be bad, but is this only later in the day? We will be going with 2 young children and will be heading back around noon or 1pm for their naps. I was curious if anyone knew if the traffic would still be backed up that early in the day.

Thanks!

We spent a week there, and the traffic along 7MB seemed to be clogged at any given time (early morning, noon and late afternoon were the worst). One evening around 5:00 we inched along at maybe a block in 15 minutes. We did a turn around in the Burger King lot and got stuck in the traffic going the other direction! Anyway, just allow pleny of time if their are lots of ships in port. I'd say at least an hour, just to be safe.

If there are a lot of ships in port, you will not believe how many tour buses you will see. We also saw tourists on school buses.

I understand the traffic back to the ships can be bad, but is this only later in the day? We will be going with 2 young children and will be heading back around noon or 1pm for their naps. I was curious if anyone knew if the traffic would still be backed up that early in the day.

Thanks!

We were at SeaGrapes this past Wednesday, our cab driver advised us to head back by noon to avoid the traffic, so that's what we did and traffic was not backed up too badly. After a little lunch we were ready for our naps too!

Have fun!

Archived