I shouldn't, but I'm stressing about Majahual.

decemberroses

Okay, I guess I am one of those people who needs a little stability. I really need to sort out Costa Maya before we leave. I have read until I have a headache about Costa Maya, but I am still unclear on some things. Half the people say to take a Beach Resort excursion, the other half say to just go to the beaches in Majahual.

There will be 3 or 4 other ships in port with us that day. They will be arriving a couple of hours before our ship. Will the beaches in the town be packed by then with no lounge chairs left? Are there decent bathrooms to use and change in?

Thanks,

Tracy

Ahhhhh, the stress of us over-planners....but there is a cruise to enjoy, once we've done our homework. I travelled alone on this cruise, and have done so before, I was there for just a beach break, and there are well marked taxi stands a short walk from Costa Maya shopping area. Buy a ticket for $3 and load up in a 15 passenger van with A/C and 5 minutes down a very bumpy road, you are in Majahual. The beach is to your left, we didn't dock till noon either, but NO problems finding chairs. Just walk down the beach till you meet someone who treats you well. Pay for the chairs upfront with a small tip, they will run drinks, food, more chairs, walk you to the restroom ( just ok there) it is Mexico, and a only a 4 year old town, and they treated me very well, I am not a bathing beauty, just a middle aged, have a few drinks kinda gal....there is alot more merchants walking the beach there, so choose a private beach excursion, if that is too much for you too handle. Choose your own taxi home, again a couple dollars per, just negotiate FIRST. Wasn't ready to go back on the ship, so bought another drink (at twice the price in Costa Maya) and had a nap on one of the hammocks......GREAT DAY !!

Whichever you decide will be great and you will have a wonderful day. We went on our own, but others from our roll call did all inclusive, everyone had fun. Just remember, the further you walk down the beach, the less crowded it gets. We got sucked into Oxtampah, about half way down. They have bathrooms, palm trees, etc and a wonderful waiter named Jerry. Just tell him you heard about him here, or print this and take it with you. He will make sure you are happy.

I found a thread where someone booked a beach break through Olinko Sports. (I may not have the name right) They found the booth in Costa Maya. $25.00, all you can eat and drink at Tequilla Beach Club. How can you go wrong?!?!?

Here is a question for myself (the picky one) :rolleyes: Does Tequilla Beach have Palm Trees? I kow it sounds ridulious but I love palm trees!!

......How did you find out how many ships will be in port with you?
Try CruiseCal.com

I found a thread where someone booked a beach break through Olinko Sports. (I may not have the name right) They found the booth in Costa Maya. $25.00, all you can eat and drink at Tequilla Beach Club. How can you go wrong?!?!?
I saw that earlier today but now I can't find it. The link I copied for the thread doesn't seem to work. I guess I incorrectly copied the link or the thread was deleted (?). If you find it again will you post a link to that thread?

John

Archived