We are feeling devastated!!!!!

smurfette

Woo hoo Katie!!!!! I'm sure your family is extremely excited. It will make you appreciate it all the more I'm sure!! You had better get back to your packing after you have finished dancing around the room! I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

I agree that this thread has shown even more that this discussion board has become a big family that cares! We even have to admit we are a little disfunctional at times (I'm sure you all know what I am talking about!). But when all is said and done most people are very caring. Just goes to show there are good people out there in the world.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Woo hoo Katie!!!!! I'm sure your family is extremely excited. It will make you appreciate it all the more I'm sure!! You had better get back to your packing after you have finished dancing around the room! I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

I agree that this thread has shown even more that this discussion board has become a big family that cares! We even have to admit we are a little disfunctional at times (I'm sure you all know what I am talking about!). But when all is said and done most people are very caring. Just goes to show there are good people out there in the world.

Cheers,

Dancing - I'm on my second champagne. I still have to work tomorrow, but wooooohhhoooooooooo. I also thought how this will make the cruise even more special as we know what we have gone through to get to this place - a total of 2 years in the planning. I am going to relax (as best as I can) and have a couple of champers (what do you think vengeance88), and enjoy my little family.

Hi all, Have just been to the doctor and he has said "GO ON YOUR CRUISE AND HAVE A GREAT TIME". It seems that Brad has had an allergic reaction to something in the last couple of days and that it shouldn't interfere with our cruise. YYAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about one extreme emotion to another. Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes and kind words. Vengeance88 I hope that we do meet up - I'm not sure how at the moment but it would be great.

I can't believe how many people have read my dire distress call - see we are all one big family.

Love to you all

Katie

xxxxx

That's FANTASTIC news Katie. I hope you all have a wonderful cruise. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back :)

Trevor

FANTASTIC NEWS KATIE.So glad it's all worked out for you and your family. With everyones prayers and good wishes, it had to work out for you. Your cruise will be even more special now. (I'm toasting a beer to you lol lol - champers would be better tho lol lol). Look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Kerri

Hi all, Have just been to the doctor and he has said "GO ON YOUR CRUISE AND HAVE A GREAT TIME". It seems that Brad has had an allergic reaction to something in the last couple of days and that it shouldn't interfere with our cruise. YYAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about one extreme emotion to another. Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes and kind words. Vengeance88 I hope that we do meet up - I'm not sure how at the moment but it would be great.

I can't believe how many people have read my dire distress call - see we are all one big family.

Love to you all

Katie

xxxxx

That's excellent news - now you can go on your cruise, have a wondeful time and recover from your two days of turmoil!!!!!

OK - now that we are sooooo excited we are packing right now - does anyone know where that great list was posted on these threads of what to take................ 3rd glass of celebratory champers is making it hard to remember lol lol lol lol.

I have bumped the thread for you Katie. It is called Packing List.

Cheers,

OK -hubby wants to know where to park the car in Sydney - we have friends picking it up for us - so where is close enough to walk with allllllllllll the luggage (do they have trolleys?)

At least these are fun stresses lol lol lol lol

There is some parking at Wharf 8 but I am not sure how it works. If your friends are picking it up the same day you sail you could probably get away with parking it there. Either way you could drop everything off and then one person go and park the car somewhere.

I have never had to park in Sydney but there has been discussion about one of the hotels offering long term parking (I think it was the Novatel?).

Cheers,

There is some parking at Wharf 8 but I am not sure how it works. If your friends are picking it up the same day you sail you could probably get away with parking it there. Either way you could drop everything off and then one person go and park the car somewhere.

I have never had to park in Sydney but there has been discussion about one of the hotels offering long term parking (I think it was the Novatel?).

Cheers,

Thanks Chaz - our friends are at the Opera House watching a show - so the car could be picked up in 1/2 hr to 3 hours depending on their intermissions etc. So that Wharf 8 carpark sound slike the plan - are their trolleys like at the airport - we will have soooooo much stuff?

Love to you all

Katie

xxxxx

Katie I am so pleased for you and so is Mum she also agrees qwith the doc have a wonderful time.

By the way I think we will call mum"I 'from now on Dad used to call her that.

Katie I am so pleased for you and so is Mum she also agrees qwith the doc have a wonderful time.

By the way I think we will call mum"I 'from now on Dad used to call her that.

To be honest Frogcruiser, I feel like posting a warm fuzzy thread as that is what everyone over the last 24+hours has given me - total strangers wishing my family all the best, particularly for Brad.

Just to let you all know that this means at this point of time - due to the fact he doesn't have chicken pox - no intensive care and no chemo which leads to no mucking around with his anti rejection drugs. The let down of the cruise was tooooo much but everything else on top of that was for once just too much for my poor shoulders. It's amazing how much pressure we place ourselves under in organizing holidays so that we have a great time. I am seriously more relaxed tonight.

OK - now that we are sooooo excited we are packing right now - does anyone know where that great list was posted on these threads of what to take................ 3rd glass of celebratory champers is making it hard to remember lol lol lol lol.

Katie, just bumped "Anything I have forgotten". It also has a couple of extra tips.

Happy packing:p :D

Kerri

Another person here who just couldnt wait until i got back on here and see your news. And what great news it is too.

life must have been so stressful for you and your family the last few years but it now YOUR time. I guess it must be extra special knowing you are taking all our love,warm wishes and prayers with you.

You are going to busy the next few days so take care of yourself too Ok.

Give the little man a special hug from an unknown friend.

i know you will have an even better time than you thought you would .

lots of hugs karon

Katie,

That is just so fantastic that you all are going on your cruise!

Neither of us have posted until now because we had a major tragedy

with a child some years back. I guess we were hurting for you in such a way that words can't describe and we understand these little "side events" just add to the frustration

Enjoy your cruise to the fullest. We are just so happy for you :D

Thanks Chaz - our friends are at the Opera House watching a show - so the car could be picked up in 1/2 hr to 3 hours depending on their intermissions etc. So that Wharf 8 carpark sound slike the plan - are their trolleys like at the airport - we will have soooooo much stuff?

Yes there are trolleys just like at the airport... Might be worth just calling P&O to check what time the carpark closes. I'd hate for your car to get locked in or worse towed away. We have had people drop us off or meet us there who have parked all day.

Cheers,

Hi Smurfette,

Looks like i'm going to have to share the bar and buffet with someone else now...... that's excellent news!

Hopefully there's a message board on the cruise so we can find a place to meet up.

I'm sure i'll bump into you somewhere or another ;)

Archived