Entertainment on P&O Summer Sailings.

Pink-belle

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Holly123red said:

Hi today it said I could book entertainment for my August 1at cruise I can't see anywhere to book seats on my po cruise any suggestions 

For our cruise the booking did not actually become active till near midnight on the day it stated booking would open or just after midnight (as reported by other passengers on our cruise), and some venues were already sold out.  However, after a week these sold out items became bookable too.  Still not sure of any guest presenters yet, and we sail on Thursday.

Just to add, I would still check occasionally just to be safe.

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

For cruisers who have returned from staycations. Just wondering what shows were in the theatre on Britannia.

Mr Tickerton's Circus and Sound of the Underground on our cruise. Another had Astonishing so it varies I think

I was able to book for the main theatre but none of the others venues.  We were given seat numbers for the 10.30pm showing but on the first night we turned up for the 8.30pm show and it was no problem - you are also told as you enter you can sit where you like.

We saw Mr Tickertons Circus on the first night, we haven't seen it before and it was fabulous!  There was a comedian on the next night, sadly not my cup of tea and on the last night it should have been Astonishing but this one changed to a brand new one called something like 'Horizon'  We managed about 10 minutes and had to leave which is something extremely rare for us as we love the Headliners shows.  May be it got better - I'm sure someone will come along and tell us.

We saw the Trawlermen in the atrium and they were utterly brilliant, so good we got another drink stayed for the next performance.

• Like 1

We haven’t booked in for the Tickerton circus show because we just don’t really enjoy  the circus.

Is it just the usual circus stuff or is it something amazing that we absolutely have to go to? 

To  be honest I’m getting a little bit worried because Im not getting great reports on the quality of the shows in question.

We’re  taking friends who have never cruised before. We booked on Cunard, Queen Elizabeth which got cancelled. I’d assured them them that the entertainment would be brilliant .

I’m  not sure that Morcombe and Wise or a folk band is what I’d call top notch entertainment. 

9 hours ago, The Med said:

We haven’t booked in for the Tickerton circus show because we just don’t really enjoy  the circus.

Is it just the usual circus stuff or is it something amazing that we absolutely have to go to? 

To  be honest I’m getting a little bit worried because Im not getting great reports on the quality of the shows in question.

We’re  taking friends who have never cruised before. We booked on Cunard, Queen Elizabeth which got cancelled. I’d assured them them that the entertainment would be brilliant .

I’m  not sure that Morcombe and Wise or a folk band is what I’d call top notch entertainment. 

Please don't be put off by the comments on entertainment on board, we all like different things.  Mr Tickertons Circus was a brilliant show (in my opinion) but the man on the next row might have hated it!!  It is obviously 'circus-y' but I would call it a song and dance show that happens to have a circus theme.  Hope you enjoy it too 🙂

We watched the Trawlermen from The Glass House and I didn't see anyone not tapping their feet, it was great.  I can't comment on the Morecambe and Wise tribute as we didn't go - I wouldn't pay again for entertainment which should already be included but that's just me.  The same as I wouldn't go to a speciality restaurant on a three night cruise, I have done when we are on a longer cruise, just for a change, or for a special occasion.

I've never travelled with Cunard so don't know what sort of entertainment they have or what you're hoping to see.  On our last evening we had a drink in the Crows Nest and there was a brilliant pianist who played everything you could ever imagine, without music and with each tune flowing seamlessly into the next - amazing.  There is also a band called Pulse but we never got round to seeing them.

Please don't be disappointed, it is what it is and you'll find something you enjoy.

• Like 1

We went and watched Morecombe and Wise, as we wanted to see what the whole dinner and show experience was like. We wasnt so keen on the show but could see how it could be a good experience with an act you really liked.

Pulse were very good in the live lounge

We had trouble booking the entertainment at first (went a couple of weeks ago) as I think P& O have IT issues.  Kept checking daily and eventually we were able to book everything.

They took no notice of seat numbers and you were either told to sit on any vacant seat (socially distanced) or they showed you to your seat.

The app worked well on board to book restaurants and obviously with only half capacity on board you never struggled for a seat anywhere.  (Bingo was the only time that seemed full in the Live Lounge!)

The shows were Astonishing (have seen before so did not go this time) and the Sound of the Underground (also have seen before so did not go)  Did not fancy the Limelight this time but if there was someone you wanted to see it is fabulous.

On the first night they offered 50% off any speciality restaurant.  We opted for Sindu and only paid £6 each, it was lovely as usual. 🙂

The buffet was much better as you did not have to search for a table and everywhere was spotless.  Drinks served at the table (even tea/coffee/juice)

We saw Pulse most nights who were good but perhaps not as good as previous years, The Trawlermen were great to watch and we saw a comedian who was better than expected.

I do wish P&O would have more choice on shows but perhaps they will when they are running back on normal schedules.

All in all, the cruise was much better than anticipated and was very much like normal apart from having to wear a mask when walking around inside the ship.

14 hours ago, Holly123red said:

Has anybody else had problems booking live music and activities 

We are sailing 1st August and I managed to book all the main theatre shows this morning. Don’t forget to click the check out button at the end. Pleased that the Elton John tribute is on one night.

Edited by HalifaxYorksCruiser

I’ll be interested to see the Iona offerings! I believe they should be available for the maiden voyage guests tomorrow?

I don’t travel until September so I can’t book anything until Mid August 

24 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

I’ll be interested to see the Iona offerings! I believe they should be available for the maiden voyage guests tomorrow?

Not until the 23rd for maiden.  Probably at midnight of 23rd/24th if our Britannia cruises is anything to go by.

Slight problem for us, as we will be on Britannia and more than likely out of 5G/4G range.  Might have to do what I swore I would never do and buy a WIFI package!!!  Or wait until close enough to land.

28 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Not until the 23rd for maiden.  Probably at midnight of 23rd/24th if our Britannia cruises is anything to go by.

Slight problem for us, as we will be on Britannia and more than likely out of 5G/4G range.  Might have to do what I swore I would never do and buy a WIFI package!!!  Or wait until close enough to land.

Looking at the position that Britannia has been recently, I hope that we will be within 4G range a fair bit. I won't be paying P&O for WiFi, preferring to be incommunicado for periods.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Looking at the position that Britannia has been recently, I hope that we will be within 4G range a fair bit. I won't be paying P&O for WiFi, preferring to be incommunicado for periods.

Yes indeed, Airplane mode is my friend on holiday!!  Too much email and phone stuff in my work, a break will be most welcome.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Ah ok! 

I do believe you can access the app without purchasing the internet package. It allows you to connect but only to use the app! 

Entertainment opened up for the 5th August cruise, Mr Tickerton’s Circus and Sound of the Underground from Headliners. We saw Sound of the Underground when we went on 4th July but will probably watch it again. There is also a comedian, Rudi West, hopefully better than the last comedian onboard as we didn’t find him funny at all (Tom Bins).

It won’t let us book music venues or speakers but films are available, although nothing I want to see.

Bookings for (some) entertainment are now open for our 5th August sailing on Britannia.

Offered in the main theatre are: Clockwork Circus, South of the underground and comedian Rudi West.

We might check out the circus themed music, the Brit Rock show doesn't really interest us, and having watched some clips of Rudi West on YouTube he's definitely not our kind of comedy.

When it comes to booking 'Other live music', 'activities' and 'guest speakers' it says to do it online via the digital daily Horizon.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the 4 night 1st August to 5th August cruise. We had On the Horizon ( in replacement for Sound of the Underground) and Mr Tickertons Circus. On the Horizon got better ( just stick with it ). We also had the Elton John tribute in the main theatre ( he also did a show on a different night in the live lounge). Celebration night was a comedian but we didn’t bother with that. The Trawlermen in the atrium were very good. All the entertainment was very good.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:15 AM, FluffyFiFi said:

Entertainment opened up for the 5th August cruise, Mr Tickerton’s Circus and Sound of the Underground from Headliners. We saw Sound of the Underground when we went on 4th July but will probably watch it again. There is also a comedian, Rudi West, hopefully better than the last comedian onboard as we didn’t find him funny at all (Tom Bins).

It won’t let us book music venues or speakers but films are available, although nothing I want to see.

We have seen Tom Bins and found him hilarious... 

Just goes to show we all have different taste.. 

Andy