Zenith Bermuda Cruise

luckye

Our family is going on a 7 day from NJ for the 4th of July week.

I'm beginning to think about what kind of formal clothes to bring for myself and my husband. We have been on several cruises in the past. Just wondering if this might be a little less formal than others... I am not wanting to wear jeans, cutofffs etc. Also, I dont want to know about other ships etc. Just from folks who have sailed on this itinerary ...

Thanks in advance

Many women are now wearing cocktail dresses and dressy pantsuits, so you can probably get away without a formal gown. With only two formal nights, I think you can take a nice black skirt or dressy pants, and two different tops for formal nights, if you want to travel light. Between Millennium and Zenith.... I would not say that there was a big difference. For the most part, people do follow the dress code.

My DH wears a black suit instead of a tux on formal nights.

People in Bermuda (the locals) dress quite nicely, so you might want to have some 'smart-casual' clothes for your day trips there.

I bring cocktail dresses as I tend to think gowns are a bit much but it's your vacation and your decision. Cocktail dresses IMO are much easier to pack!

We are also booked on a Bermuda cruise (1st time)... You'll have a great time no matter what you decide!!!!!

We did this cruise last Sept and had a wonderful time and hope to re-do it again this Sept.

Keep checking the boards once the itinerary begins as last summer they changed one of the informal nights to "casual". I love to dress up, but tend to prefer cocktail dresses over gowns for formal nights, only because I like my legs and enjoy showing them off. :p

I saw far more people wearing dark suits/cocktail dresses than tuxes/gowns but this was Labor Day week, so who knows if that was a factor. There were only about 100 kids on this cruise so if anything I would have thought it would be leaning to a more formal dress. I don't honestly, remember seeing anyone violate the dress code--but then I wasn't looking for it either.

I can't wait to go back!

Luckye, We are headed to beautiful Bermuda for the seventh time on Zenith in September. I always wear black suits for formal nights, only because I feel more comfortable in them than I do in a Tux. My DW will usually wear a gown, also for comfort. I work in jeans and t-shirts everyday so looking presentable is a nice change for me. You will fall in love Zenith and Bermuda. The most beautiful and friendly island and the most professional and friendly crew afloat. Kevin

This is our first cruise to Bermuda. We enjoy Celebrity very much. As I posted a couple of posts back...my folks are cruising for the first time. My Mom uses a walker and Celebrity has everything arranged to assist her onto the ship. Is the Zenith easy to manuver? And when we dock in Hamilton and St. George, do we have to take transportation into town? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. We sail August 5th out of New Jersey. We are driving from Windsor Ontario Canada. Peace.............Anna:)

Anna when you step of Zenith in Hamilton and St. George you ARE in town :) . That is the beauty of cruising on this ship. In Hamilton you literally just cross the street to some shops, the horse and carriage stop is just down the block and the ferry to the Royal Dockyards is a block in the other direction. Once you walk out of the terminal there are always taxis there waiting if that is your choice.

In St. George the main square is a short walk from where the ship docks. Very convenient.

I think your mother will find Zenith easy to navigate as she is not a big ship, so there is less walking from one place to another. The crew is also extremely helpful. I can't say enough good things about them. You will all have a wonderful time.

I apologize in advance for this question...

I am a bit confused about where the Zenith docks in Hamilton. Is it right at Hamilton or at the Royal Naval Yard. Having never been to Bermuda, I am not quite sure where anything is. Thank you in advance.

Peace.....Anna:)

Anna - The ships dock at 3 places - the Dockyard which is at one end of the island, St. George - at the other end, and Hamilton - in the middle of the island. Zenith docks in Hamilton and St. George.

Here's a link to a map: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshells/north_america/bermuda/bermuda.htm

Also... a link to the Bermuda Forum under Ports of Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

And .... a link to my favourite Bermuda website: http://www.bermuda-online.org/

You are going to love Bermuda!

Susan...Thankyou for all of the info and links. They are very useful. We aren't leaving until August but we can't wait. Just one more question since you have been on the Zenith recently...is the room key and sea pass in one card. On the Mercury they are but on the Horizon last year they were separate.

We are from Ontario as well....Windsor.

Thanks again.....Anna:)

This is our first cruise to Bermuda. We enjoy Celebrity very much. As I posted a couple of posts back...my folks are cruising for the first time. My Mom uses a walker and Celebrity has everything arranged to assist her onto the ship. Is the Zenith easy to manuver? And when we dock in Hamilton and St. George, do we have to take transportation into town? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. We sail August 5th out of New Jersey. We are driving from Windsor Ontario Canada. Peace.............Anna:)

Anna there is shopping right off the ship-you would only need to take transportation to go to the beach or another excursion. Though I am sure if your mom uses a walker it may be alittle rough for her. It may be better to book her on some sort of excursion.

In Hamilton, Jesse James is right there so no problem if you want to snorkle or scuba dive on your own.

The room key is separate from the sea pass card.

The Zenith is a wonderful ship. Be sure to try the Cova Cafe for wonderful pastries and specialty coffees during the day and great relaxed music and entertainment at night.

My favorite lounge last week-when we got our bill it was cova cafe..cova cafe... cova cafe... I guess they could figure out my favorite spot on ship.

Archived