Disney Wonder (just got back)

mlmoss

I went on the 3 nt. Wonder cruise last weekend. I have a 4 and 6 yr. old and have been on 3 RCI cruises before this one. The grandparents also went on this one.

We all thought it was wonderful. Our room which was a deluxe oceanview room on the 5th floor was very spacious. The kids had full twin size bunk beds with room to play. Loved the split bathrooms.

The embarkation went very smoothly and the disembarking was a breeze!

We loved changing dining rooms every evening and keeping our same servers. They had a lot of fun with the kids. We were supposed to have late dining and were on the waiting list. When we arrived in our cabin we found we had been switched to early seating which was a nice surprise. So get on the waiting list, it really does work! Tritons was nice but noneventful. We thought Animators Palate was spectacular and the kids thought it was very interesting. Parrot Cay was lots of fun, dancing and doing the limbo.

The Sail Away Celebration and the Pirate Party were also fun with all the characters coming out for the kids.

We enjoyed all the shows but liked Hercules the least. There were some funny moments but overall silly. We especially the kids loved The Golden Mickeys show and Disney Dreams. They had all their favorite characters. We spent our time in between dinner and the shows standing in line to see the characters. We were disappointed that most of the time they would not give autographs. The princess lines were very very long and again, no autograph.

Mickey and Minnie dressed up for the ball made especially good pictures.

We stayed on the boat while at Nassau and enjoyed the pool. My 6 yr. old loved the slide. We enjoyed the food and drink places right by the pool. It was very convenient at lunch time. The pool was never too crowded.

My daughter was able to get her hair braided by the pool with ease and she got the top half of her head for $16. (Her hair is thin). It was very painful though. I made my appt. the first day right after lunch.

We really enjoyed Castaway Cay and thought it was a beautiful beach. We had no problem getting chairs and the barbecue lunch was delicious. The souveniers were cheaper there too (as in comparison to onboard the ship). My daughter went to the kids club on the beach and enjoyed it. Onboard, we felt it was really crowded with kids and we were having too much fun together to send them there. I don't think they would have wanted to miss the dining room experiences or the shows or the swimming, etc. Just a personal choice.

The only problem was the trip was too short!

Looking forward to doing a longer one in the future.

Thankyou for writing such a nice cruise report. i enjoyed reading it.

It helps the rest of us to get our Disney fix while we are waiting for our cruises.

It sounds like you are hooked, just like the rest of us.

After you do the 7 day, you will be thinking, maybe we could do a 10 or 11 day special cruise. Then back to back 7 day cruises which makes 14 days. It is addictive and it just keeps getting better and better.

Hercules is no longer playing on the Magic. they have a new show called Twiced Charmed, a twist on the Cinderella story. So there is something new for you to look forward to on a 7 day cruise.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks for the great review. We have a three day trip booked on the Wonder in November. We are taking our two grandsons who will be 4 and 6 so it was great to hear a review about kids their age.

We are planning on staying on the ship in Nassua too and allowing them to swim and maybe take in a movie.

Thanks again

It was a very nice report, I suspect you had a wonderful time. That would be alot like our cruises with DCL. It was a real vacation, where I hope you were pampered to, like we have been. So glad you enjoyed your experiance, we did also! Going again for our 5th time, it's worth it! METROWON

I went on the 3 nt. Wonder cruise last weekend. I have a 4 and 6 yr. old and have been on 3 RCI cruises before this one. The grandparents also went on this one.

We all thought it was wonderful. Our room which was a deluxe oceanview room on the 5th floor was very spacious. The kids had full twin size bunk beds with room to play. Loved the split bathrooms.

The embarkation went very smoothly and the disembarking was a breeze!

We loved changing dining rooms every evening and keeping our same servers. They had a lot of fun with the kids. We were supposed to have late dining and were on the waiting list. When we arrived in our cabin we found we had been switched to early seating which was a nice surprise. So get on the waiting list, it really does work! Tritons was nice but noneventful. We thought Animators Palate was spectacular and the kids thought it was very interesting. Parrot Cay was lots of fun, dancing and doing the limbo.

The Sail Away Celebration and the Pirate Party were also fun with all the characters coming out for the kids.

We enjoyed all the shows but liked Hercules the least. There were some funny moments but overall silly. We especially the kids loved The Golden Mickeys show and Disney Dreams. They had all their favorite characters. We spent our time in between dinner and the shows standing in line to see the characters. We were disappointed that most of the time they would not give autographs. The princess lines were very very long and again, no autograph.

Mickey and Minnie dressed up for the ball made especially good pictures.

We stayed on the boat while at Nassau and enjoyed the pool. My 6 yr. old loved the slide. We enjoyed the food and drink places right by the pool. It was very convenient at lunch time. The pool was never too crowded.

My daughter was able to get her hair braided by the pool with ease and she got the top half of her head for $16. (Her hair is thin). It was very painful though. I made my appt. the first day right after lunch.

We really enjoyed Castaway Cay and thought it was a beautiful beach. We had no problem getting chairs and the barbecue lunch was delicious. The souveniers were cheaper there too (as in comparison to onboard the ship). My daughter went to the kids club on the beach and enjoyed it. Onboard, we felt it was really crowded with kids and we were having too much fun together to send them there. I don't think they would have wanted to miss the dining room experiences or the shows or the swimming, etc. Just a personal choice.

The only problem was the trip was too short!

Looking forward to doing a longer one in the future.

SAVE, PLAN, AND GO AGAIN !AND AGAIN! NICE vacation, wasn't it? METROWON

You really made my day. WE are going on the Wonder on June 8th. We were planning on staying on board in Nassau also. I wasn't sure if the pools were open while in port. I guess they are. You really answered a lot of my questions. We have kids ranging from 12yrs to 3 yrs. We are really looking forward to it. If you have any other tips please feel free to e-mail me at my personal e-mail. rozr14@optonline.net

Thanks

We were on the Wonder the first week of January for a 3 day. We did get off in Nassau and walked around and shopped. But ended up getting back on the ship and spending a few hours by the pool. Our 2.5DS really had fun swimming. I wasn't impressed with what I saw of Nassau.

If we go again I won't be voting for getting off the ship at all!

• 2 weeks later...
You really made my day. WE are going on the Wonder on June 8th. We were planning on staying on board in Nassau also. I wasn't sure if the pools were open while in port. I guess they are. You really answered a lot of my questions. We have kids ranging from 12yrs to 3 yrs. We are really looking forward to it. If you have any other tips please feel free to e-mail me at my personal e-mail. rozr14@optonline.net

Thanks

Check your e-mail about Upcoming Disney Adventure, glad to help all of you! METROWON

Archived