anyone have problem with MSC changing confirmed cabin/deposit made Nov 2020/reassigning same cabin to new passengers

robenv

6 hours ago, travelcruisepro said:

They did it again, kicked us out of our assigned cabin, I am really having my doubts about MSC even before sailing!

I've thought about asking for a certain available cabin when one pops up, but I figured they'd probably snatch it again.  Maybe we'll end up with an upgrade!

They also changed our booking to a 'guarantee' cabin, even though we had our cabin assigned at time of the booking.

I did contact our local MSC representative, they contacted the 'head office', and after a few days we were assigned to a cabin. We got an upgrade from an ocean-view to a balcony cabin on a good spot. 

This bait and switch approach appears to be most common with MSC, we have booked on many cruise lines and have never encountered this. Why should we all pay more for an assigned cabin then have it switched to a guarantee rate without our consent or at least offering a significant onboard credit.

• 1 month later...

We have cruise schedule to leave Jan 2022.  We booked in sept of 2021 as “choose your own stateroom” for an extra fee, of which we did and got booking confirmation of cabin number.   Well today we get 5 email confirmations all about this one cruise we found it very odd….so we looked more carefully and made some calls as our cabin showed now as to be assigned.   First agent said rooms allocated for COVID…we thought ok…second agent said that as of November 2021 all Bella cabins are guarantee (cabins to be assigned).  We paid the extra in September to choose the cabin, have they not heard of bait and switch or grandfathered? This is soo wrong. And to cancel our booking would cost $198 or to move out to another date any overpayment we were told would be refunded after cruise. INCORRECT any overpayment can only be used toward a stateroom upgrade!  MSC has changed their booking policy for Bella cabins but are NOT taking into account any prior bookings which guests paid extra to get cabin number! Loosing the faith of MSC Soo sad!