Braids

cruisenwkids

I have promised my 10 year old that she can have her hair braided while we are on our next cruise. St.Martin is the last port and I would like to postpone until then if possible. Are there places there to get your hair braided? I would feel terrible if I did not let her in Nassau or St. Thomas and then we couldn't find a place.

Hi.

Once you arrive in town, your daughter (and you) will be asked about every

30 seconds if she wants her hair braided. Sometimes the braiders have

booklets that they carry with pictures of the braids they've done, which will help your daughter pick out a style. Then, deal with them on the price. Don't worry, it is expected and not considered offensive. Note: it will take awhile to have it done...make sure you alot enough time.

Enjoy!

Agree with other poster the braiders will find you (Like it or not). Bring own comb, black tiny rubber bands an beads from home that color coordinate with daughters wardrobe or swimsuit. OR HAVE IT DONE AT HOME before you go and don't tie up hours of your limited island time- when you board the ship and your daughters hair is already done in braids she will be the envy of all the other kids . Negotiate the whole head price in advance. They will quote you a per braid price of about $2 a braid. Parents may expect $30-40 dollars and then end up with a whole head of tiny braids with a cost of over a $100.

Archived