Is the iced tea fresh brewed or Nestea?

Am I understanding correctly that the iced tea is pre-sweetened?

The iced tea isn't pre-sweetened. If you are from the south and prefer sweet tea, you either have to sweeten it yourself or make your own by brewing a cup of hot tea, sweetening it, and then pouring it over ice.

I find it interesting all the people in the "Don't drink the water" group. who then order mixed drinks that contain ice! Do you think that they chip the ice off a passing iceberg in the Caribbean?

Hypo:D

Do you actually live in Texas? If you do, how can you not know about the debate about what kind of iced tea is served. In the northeast, iced tea is usually that Nestea stuff (yuck!). Ask for sweet tea and they won't know what you are talking about.

I do, in fact, live in Texas. Not all of us are concerned about tea.

But I will agree with you on the Nestea issue...yuck! :)

D.

Am I understanding correctly that the iced tea is pre-sweetened?

Also, sort of off-topic, but want to know if you can walk out of the Windjammer onto a deck and, if so, does the deck have tables and chairs where you can sit and eat and drink?

On the Radiance there was one deck completely opened to the outside. Another deck had windows that could be closed. The second one had a drink dispenser out there, so you didn't have to go inside if you just wanted something to drink. I'm not sure about the opened one. We only ate out there once.

Some of us wonder about the water because the cabin water hasn't always been as good as it is becoming. Plus, reality being who-knows-what, the perception has been that if it is used to prepare food, that water must adhere to a higher standard than what was assumed to be the case with the cabin water. We have all had times at home when a main breaks or something, and the news says the water is safe to shower or brush teeth with, but for some reason isn't suggested for drinking.

We are simply at a cross-roads. I still have guide books written not so long ago, all of which suggest using bottled water to drink. That isn't the case now with some of the newer ships, which increasingly means most of RCI's fleet.

As for sweet tea? I don't mind it with less sugar than our good southern friends tend to put into it. But then it isn't truly Sweet Tea is it?

Archived