Arriving in Miami day of cruise- how late can we arrive?

AllieNJ3

First time cruising, so not sure what to expect. We have to fly into Miami the day of the cruise, so how late is to late to arrive at the airport? Our TA is trying to put us on a flight that gets in at 1pm, and I'm worried that is not enough time to get to the port for a 4pm departure. For those of you that have left from Miami before, what do you think? Thanks!

A 1pm flight will arrive in plenty of time as long as it is on time. The boarding time on a 4pm departure probably isn't until like 1:30 anyways (so they say) Just make sure you have a back up plan in case your flight is delayed/cancelled etc..... It only takes like 15 minutes to get from the airport to the port via taxi.

When is your cruise? If you are sailing in the winter months, I would be real worried about snow maybe delaying your flight. Even if you don't have snow where you live, connecting airports can get backed up quickly in the case of a big storm.

If at all possible, try to fly in the day before. Yes it adds more to the cost of your trip, but really, the peace of mind that you aren't going to "miss the boat" is really worth it. I didn't realize how much until I started flying in the day before--it really does make a difference.

Good Luck and happy sailing!

cruise is in late May, so snow shouldn't be a problem. And unfortunately there is no way we can fly in the day before
If all goes as planned you shouldn't have any problems making it to the ship on time. As bulldogmom mentioned, it is a fairly quick taxi ride from the airport (15 - 30 minutes depending on traffic), and I would suggest you take a taxi since it is quicker and cheaper than the Carnival shuttle. You need to check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure.

I hope everything works out and you have a great cruise!

John

Archived