July 2021 Venice first timer questions

saleeb

Hello,

We are new to MSC and leaving from Venice to Bari, Mykonos, Corfu, Dubrovnik (not in that order) this Saturday. We have 4 kids so excursions are too pricey and we normally do our own thing with public transportation when possible. When in Corfu and in Mykonos we would like to go to a beach. I've scoured the internet to find the bus routes and get mixed and contradicting results. Can anyone tell me if getting to a beach in Corfu and Mykonos is difficult or easy via public transportation while in these ports, or any ports for that matter. 

I appreciate any tips. Thank you.

Saleeb

MSC followed two rules until now.

They allowed non-vacinated people to join a cruise, and they use the safety-bubble approach. MSC gave up the first one this week at least for UK based cruises.

But MSC still insist on the safety-bubble which means you are not allowed to leave the ship if not part of a guided and controlled excursion.

As you I‘m a big fan of self organised excursions. Main reason is not the cost, but rather the freedom to to what and when we like. I booked two cruises in Sept. under the current conditions, but still hope the safety-bubble rule will be gone by then.

For July, no way. You have to use MSC excursion or stay on the ship.