Pride-Please help me pick a room(s)

2munchkins

Hello. Hubby and I are going on the Pride in July with another couple. We are both interested in balcony rooms but have no idea which ones to try and get. Both of us our new cruisers. Should we just go for a guarantee or should we try and pick specific room no.'s. I am definately not a night owl so would like something without a lot of noise..would also like to be somewhat close to our friends.

Thanks!

Hi 2Munchkins

All of the cabins are about the same size, other than a suites. It is all your preferences that needs to be answered. If you do a garaunteed cabin that would be the cheapest but who knows where you will end up. You might not be even on the same deck as your friends:( . I will be on the Pride in a couple of weeks. We have a CAT 8A on the main deck (4228). It is right above the main dinning room. I am hoping that the diners will have gone their way when it is time for us to go to sleep:). I have been on cruises before with kids and it is hard if they are young. This trip we are leaving the kids at home:D. I will give a review when I return. Happy Sailing!

We have been on the price twice, the balconys are the way to go. any floor is good, but i would stay in the middle of the ship (less movement). We took a guaranteed room once, wound up half the ship away from the couple that we went with. Good luck, and you will have a great time!

Midship is nice because people notice the movement less. Rear of the ship is nice when not directly below Lido because it seems people don't venture past your room as much looking for theirs. Front is where most people tend to have the most complaints and I think its partially because of movement of the ship and near the theater and other common areas which increases traffic.

We had midship Panorama deck balcony on the Spirit which in theory should be great, but the midnight buffets were held on Lido. We spent a few nights up there partying even tho we were tired. Cant beat em, join em.

If you are nervous about sea sickness, definate middle of the ship.

If this is not the case and they are still available:

Some of the best rooms I have seen are the corner balcony units on the stern. Less wind, lots more space, and there is nothing like (with the hopes of not sounding cheesy) but sailing off into the sunset.

They are catagory 9A (on the conquest class ships) and are rarely talked about. Less money then a junior suite, more then a balcony. But looking at the size, so worth it.

we were in 6220 last year on the Pride. It is in a set back, but above the life boats. Nice thing is, the wind doesn't whip arcoss the balcony, because it's set back 5-6 ft. Also, it is easy to find your cabin, because it's at the jog in hallway.

Archived