mini review 2/4/06 Constellation

dabear

abs: well we are going to try the Regatta and at least nyirodog and us will bring the average age down a bit. I think on almost all lines when you have longer, more expensive cruises, tend to attract an older crowd, altho on the Tahitian Princess (10 day) there was a good mix of young and old. We will report and I'm sure we will be on x again in the future. I will say that after doing some comparisons, x was on the high side for their so America cruises so maybe we will stick with them in the Caribbean..

Hi, we're booked on the Connie next Feb. 19th and can't wait...it will be our first time on Celebrity. We've done Norwegian, Holland America and for the last 3 years RCL's Brilliance of the Seas (we just came home last week).

PGARA, I don't know, but think whoever said stay away from 9th deck meant the aft cabins. The buffet restaurant is right above and is always noisy. We were just in the aft cabin on the 9th deck, and the restaurant is on the 11th, so we heard some noise, but not nearly as bad as the 10th deck would have heard.

On the Connie, the 9th deck is right below the buffet restaurant...so it would be noisy. We're booked in an aft on the 8th deck just for that reason. As for the rest of the cabins on the 9th I don't know about noise, but we ALWAYS book a cabin that has cabins above and below us, just to avoid any strange noises. Just our personal choioce.

And, btw, we had and still have a very active thread, and there were 70 some at our CC meeting and we've become good friends with at least half of them, and several are cruising with us on the Connie next year.

Loie

We were on the Connie this week as well and this was our second cruise with Celebrity, Constellation. We found everything to be exceptional. We particularly liked the Swing Band lead by Jeremy and they did fine performances in Dixieland and Jazz. We love to dance and this is very important to us. Mozarts Duo in the Rendez-Vous Lounge was great ! We were pleased to see Perry Grant was still entertaining in Michael's Club. We had no complaints about the food or the service. Our sommeliere, Aline, was excellent ! We found the smoking to be very unpleasant notwithstanding the fact that the smokers were designated to the port side of the ship. We would have preferred to have the smoking area outside. Our other disappointment is that the Constellation is no longer offering a 7 day cruise and we are having a difficult time trying to stay with the Celebrity Line. We are not happy with the Millinium's itenary out of San Juan.

Island Pat, thanks for the great info re the Connie. We cannot wait to sail her. Can you tell me where the Dixieland jazz was, sounds like it may have been the band with the nightly entertainment. We were hoping to have Dixieland in one of the lounges so we could dance, also.

I must say, as reformed smokers, my hubby and I would much prefer NON-SMOKING ships. We both have asthma and would love to have clean fresh air at all times, but I guess that's not to be. A lot of our cruising friends are smokers, but I definitely do not agree with one half the bar non smoking and the other half smoking. The smoke doesn't know the difference.:D :D

Loie

Archived