Saved a bunch of money off this board!!!

ChicagoMan

I Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who offers advice to first time cruisers. GF and I are sailing Glory Western on 2/25 and already have all the "necessities" like post-its, room air fresheners, sunscreen, ginger pills, "water bottles," shore excursions and more simply from reading these boards. Even better, we're starting with a $240 on board credit because the price of the cruise has gone down TWICE since I booked (paid in full at booking), and I've negotiated the difference into an on board credit both times!

Same here. If it wasn't for this board, I never would have known that I could ask for refunds, credits, or upgrades when the price drops. On our Pride cruise in '03 we got upgraded to a suite when the price dropped and for our upcoming Miracle we have gotten 2 price adjustments so far. One of them was for several hundred dollars.

:D

Even better, we're starting with a $240 on board credit because the price of the cruise has gone down TWICE since I booked (paid in full at booking), and I've negotiated the difference into an on board credit both times!
Do you have any written proof that you should receive shipboard credit? My TA is suppose to send me a fax showing our $400 per stateroom - 2 staterooms), but I have yet to see it.:(

I'm sailing in April and also have learned much from these boards from previous curises (Carnival and Princess). Can you tell me what excursions you booked and considered? Did you book privately or through Carnival?

Thanks a million, and looking forward to a review!

Jeff

geezzzzzzz wish I could get an onboard credt... we are going on valor on May 7th and everytime I check the prices it has gone up instead of down so I guess onboard credit is out of the question huh

30738250.gif

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10726;128/st/20060507/e/Cruise+On+Carnival+Valor/dt/-2/k/4c60/event.png

:) When people say price adjustment, what do you do? Do you go directly to Carnival's website and check how much your cruise is going for and if it's less than what you have already paid, then you request the adjustment?

I'm 70 days away from sailing and I'm interested about price adjustments

geezzzzzzz wish I could get an onboard credt... we are going on valor on May 7th and everytime I check the prices it has gone up instead of down so I guess onboard credit is out of the question huh

I booked about a year early and price did go down a WHOPPING $40 per person:p a month later. Now, it just keeps going up and up. I too was hoping for an onboard credit. Wish I could save the hundreds that some do, maybe I got mine really low to start. I'm happy either way. Keep watching though, maybe it will drop ;)

ChicagoMan

Don't forget to bring a nite lite for the bathroom if you don't have a balcony suite. The rooms are pitch black at nite, it you have to get up to use the bathroom instead of putting the bright lite on just have a nite light saves from going blind! Also there are no alarm clocks, we used room service as our clocks. We would order coffee at whatever time we wanted to get up and they would deliver it and wake us up, it was great!!!!:) ruthiegirl

I Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who offers advice to first time cruisers. GF and I are sailing Glory Western on 2/25 and already have all the "necessities" like post-its, room air fresheners, sunscreen, ginger pills, "water bottles," shore excursions and more simply from reading these boards. Even better, we're starting with a $240 on board credit because the price of the cruise has gone down TWICE since I booked (paid in full at booking), and I've negotiated the difference into an on board credit both times!

Wow! That's great! (BTW, your opening line reminded me of the Geico commercial!) :D We like to take a battery operated travel alarm with us. Keeps us on the correct time and it glows in the dark so we can see it at night.

hi :) i just wanted to know how you go about getting a price adjustment or onboard credit for your booked cruise. do you get a price adjustment from the amount you paid when you first booked the cruise to the prices they now have posted? just wondering my first time hearing about this it sure would be great, i never knew about this. thanks.

Sounds awesome ChicagoMan! I'll be following you out there from Chicago the following week!! Hope you have a fabulous time. I just checked and our prices hadn't gone down :( . Oh well! Enjoy all your ship credits!! (aka have several drinks for me!)

Archived