Steakhouse/Specialty dinning?

CthyC

When you are dining in a specialty restaurant can you order multiple appetizers?  I normally would order a soup and salad but on the steakhouse menu I would like to also order the shrimp cocktail.  Is that allowed? 

3 minutes ago, CthyC said:

When you are dining in a specialty restaurant can you order multiple appetizers?  I normally would order a soup and salad but on the steakhouse menu I would like to also order the shrimp cocktail.  Is that allowed? 

I’ve been able to get multiples of everything except entrees without an upcharge. 

• Thanks 1

It probably depends on the ship/staff but on the Dream a few years ago when we asked we were told we could get 2 appetizers each. I would just order what you want and if they have a problem with how many you order they will tell you. 

• Thanks 1

I always ask for 2 appetizers/lobster bisque/salad and it has never been a problem.  It's marketed as a three-course dinner but they have always been happy to make it four courses as long as only one 'main course' is ordered.  The shrimp cocktails in the steakhouse are what you would find at a fine-dining restaurant in Manhattan (<12ct), not those tiny farm-raised things in the MDR.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I were actually offered an extra appetizer on the Breeze. We asked for suggestions because we couldn’t decide and our server said I’ll just bring both. So I think as long as you’re reasonable and not asking for 2 filets it’s probably allowed. 

14 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

I’ve been able to get multiples of everything except entrees without an upcharge. 

Oh, this is good to know.  Figured it was limited.  May try to add an app next time.  Always seems to be two things I want to try and can't decide.

• Thanks 1