Fort Lauderdale Hotel??

vivalv66

I can see by the threads Embassy is the most popular. Stayed and loved it in the past but for June is is so expensive,even on priceline. Any other hotels with 2 room suites that are more affordable and still in good neighborhood?

Thanks for any help....

Amerisuites in the same area as Embassy is the same type of set-up, but much cheaper. It is also not nearly as nice. There have been many negative post on this Board and many that say it is adequate for one night. I can't say, because we haven't stayed there. We have stayed at the Embassy and found it to be really good. Sometimes you can get a good deal on both hotels through Hotwire or Priceline. On Hotwire it is the listing in the Downtown area with the following:

Embassy Suite 3* with the red "S" for suite

Amerisuites 2.5* with the red "S" for suite

Good Luck.

We stayed 3 nights precruise at the Extended Stay because we couldn't get into Amerisuites on valuetrip rates. Don't expect daily maid service, there is none, you have to go exchange your towels everyday. The hotel is a 2 star at the most, it was clean and front desk was friendsly enuf, but believe me it is nothing special. We were disappointed, but didn't spend much time there during the day as we were visiting relatives. No shuttle service, but cabs both directions were reasonable. Stayed at Amerisuites after our cruise and it was a lot better....really.

We are literally only staying the night before. We don't expect to arrive at the hotel until around 8:00 p.m. Grab some dinner somewhere near by and go to sleep.

Duck- How close is the hotel to the pier? It looks like you can almost walk there on the map!?

Jean

Surfklutz- I see you are from Tampa. I was just searching for a place to stay in Tampa. Thinking about coming down w/DD and going to Busch Gardens in the fall. I know this is off subect for this thread but... What do you know about Sailport Waterfront Suites ?

Thanks,

Jean

Surfklutz- I see you are from Tampa. I was just searching for a place to stay in Tampa. Thinking about coming down w/DD and going to Busch Gardens in the fall. I know this is off subect for this thread but... What do you know about Sailport Waterfront Suites ?

Thanks,

Jean

Since I live in Tampa, I have not stayed there - but I do understand they are a nice property. If you want to be close to Busch Gardens, they just recently opened an Embassy Suites on the Campus of USF - only a mile or so away from Busch Gardens.

My favorite Tampa hotel is the Renaissance near the airport. Great rates and beautiful rooms - and attached to a great mall - who could ask for more?

My favorite Tampa hotel is the Renaissance near the airport. Great rates and beautiful rooms - and attached to a great mall - who could ask for more?

Just looked it up... Wow! It looks beautiful! That's somewhere I'd like to visit w/DH some time. When I travel with my DD's, it's usually a "budget" trip! ;) Embassy looks nice too... That may be an option. Thanks for you suggestions.

I can't believe people like the Embassy Suites. Everytime I have stayed there the place has a gastly garbage smell. I think the rooms are dated and not so clean.

I agree with you about Embassy Suites. The location is great, but it really is dated and worn out. We stayed there in January and the first night we were in a room on the third floor that had not yet been renovated. It was very old and tired, and we had cock roaches. We are Gold Hilton Honors members, so the 2nd night they put us in a newly renovated room on the highest floor. It was much better, but the renovations aren't that great. They just refinished all the old wooden furniture in a darker color. There is new carpet, curtains and bedding, but I think that they just put new fabric on the old couch and chairs. There are new sinks and granite countertops. They put new tile on the bathroom floor. They did not change the bathtubs and the tiles around the bathtubs, and they were in pretty good shape, but they really made the bathroom look old. When we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale again, we will not be staying at Embassy Suites

Just looked it up... Wow! It looks beautiful! That's somewhere I'd like to visit w/DH some time. When I travel with my DD's, it's usually a "budget" trip! ;) Embassy looks nice too... That may be an option. Thanks for you suggestions.

Hi-I stayed at that Embassy Suites in Tampa close to Busch Gardens and had a good experience-free shuttle to Busch Gardens!!

Go to Sidestep.com and look it up - I have gotten it for friends and family for about $99 at times - right now we are in high season. Another site that I use alot for Florida hotels is http://www.placestostay.com which is a European company that gets "dump" rates in the US. Check them both as they are always below everyone else in the search sites.

If you want to be close to Busch Gardens, they just recently opened an Embassy Suites on the Campus of USF - only a mile or so away from Busch Gardens.

I stayed at that Embassy Suites about 5 years ago. You say they recently opened it? I thought it was built in 1998. Was it closed for renovations?

Go to Sidestep.com and look it up - I have gotten it for friends and family for about $99 at times - right now we are in high season. Another site that I use alot for Florida hotels is www.placestostay.com which is a European company that gets "dump" rates in the US. Check them both as they are always below everyone else in the search sites.

Thanks! $99 is a great rate for such a nice place! Thanks for the tips!

Jean

FYI...

Holiday Inn Express is new.

has free shuttle from the airport and then to Port Everglades!

NICE< NICE<NICE and inexpensive; $179 for 4 per night!

That's the one on SR84. Bad neighborhood. You'll need a taxi to get to any decent restaurants, it's not the best neighborhood to walk around in. Nearby shops include check cashing stores and pawn shops. If your arriving late at night and are leaving early in the morning without leaving the property it'll do. :rolleyes:

Does it have 2 rooms? I am really looking for separate rooms like at Embassy suites. We have 2 teenage girls who we would like to have a little privacy from but we don't want to get them their own room.

I thought $179 was pretty high.

Completely understand as we had our3 daughters (23, 19 and 16)we had a suite so we did have two rooms; that is the reason the $179 was such a good rate...AND it included 7 days of parking our car!

For that time of the year in Florida it is a FABULOUS rate!

now, if you don't want an ocean location and don't care about parking your car (at the port it is $10 per day) you can find other things around $159 and as high as $320.

Good luck

Archived