Capt Marvin's short excursion END TIME ??

DENNAS

The "short excursion" (2 Stop Snorkling Tour) on Captain Marvins Website shows an end time of 3:45.

Has anyone who took this tour find that it ends LATER than that? Anyone experience problems where they did not return on time?

I want to take this tour but really need to be assured that it will be back just around that time, as the ship's last tender doesn't leave too much later !!

Thanks, Denise

bump....

I need some help here.... please !! Capt Marvins replied that I'd be back by 4:15. Some other posters on the main board said they were back by 3. The website says 3:45. Why all the different answers?

I have to be assured of making the last tender... at 6:00. The ship sails at 7, but there is a time change and from what I understand Princess will be on EDT (ahead) and GC on EST. Thanks.

We are sailing in mid- April...... ( I had a feeling you'd reply... THANKS !!)

What time did you return from the excursion, and was it the short excursion, which is a 3:45 return time? Ruth emailed me today and said we'd be back by 4:15 local time. I guess to allow time for travel back to the port. I am just double checking with everyone here.

We have the "time change issue". We are in port 12-7 ship's time... (Star Princess) and am being led to believe, due to going to Daylight Savings Time, that the ship's clock will be 6:00 (last tender back ) when it's 5:00 local time. I want to be sure, since it's not a ships excursion, that we allow enough time to catch that last tender. !!

thanks. Denise

We didn't do that excursion (we did a morning one both times), so I guess the time issues would be different. If Ruth says you will be back by 4:15, you will be. Their dock is back in an area down the 7MB area. In fact, you will turn right next to the Courtyard Marriott and just go a little bit, and there you are. They must allow 30 minutes to load everyone up and get back, which seems reasonable to me. It's also a short walk to their shop. We really enjoyed the stroll.

I think there's a Blackbeard's Rum shop in the strip also. We didn't go there, but I seem to remember seeing a sign. And the gift shop next door to CM's is nice. If you have enough time, Breezes sells rum cakes at their restaurant, which is right across the street from the port area. Just some suggestions... :)

If you are back by 4:15, you should have plenty of time to catch the last tender at 5:00. As long as you are in the line, they will wait for you, even if it is later than 5:00. BTW, you have the primo time for being in port on a cruise, at least IMO. After watching goings on there for a week, things were very congested up until after one or two, when most everyone is starting to head back to their ships. You'll love leaving that late...the town will be practically deserted.

We were there for a week, and our favorite spot to sit was on the balcony at Breezes and watch the last of the ships leave. When we were there on our cruise, we were concerned with the same issues, so I understand. But you have plenty of time. I'd find the tender line, and then walk around the port area. You can keep an eye on it and then jump in line when it gets shorter.

One night while we were at Breezes, the couple next to us sat and drank while they watched their tender line. When it got down to 15 or so, they bolted across the street. I'm not that courageous, but they did catch their tender...in fact, they sat on it for another 15 minutes or so before it finally left.

Have a good time...hope I've helped you with your questions. Until I return later this year, I'll just have to live through all you lucky people who are going now!!! :)

thanks twinkletoes..........

How long would you think it would take to walk from the tender line to the ship?

Oh, our last tender is one hour before sailaway. Sailaway is at 7, so last tender is at 6. BUT if we get back to Capt Marvins at 4:15, it's REALLY (for us ) 5:15. Anyway, I think we'll stick with our plans.

You know it's funny, Ruth said that she has it noted that the ships arrival is 12-7 and that is "supposed to be" local time. So her thought is we're really there 1-8. I am not sure I want to go with that though.

The tender lines form and sometimes snake all the way down the road. For our cruise, we got back too early, and stood for over an hour in the line. I'd either go back early, or get back by 5:30. It doesn't leave at exactly 6:00. If there are people in line, they will get everyone to the ship. I'd find your line, and keep an eye on it. If you're lucky, the line won't be long and you'll get right on the tender and be off and on your way.

You are going to have plenty of time if you get back to the port area by 5:15. I'd even shop a bit (after figuring out where the tender line is and how long it is).

I think the ship times vs. island time is the most confusing issue. Prior to your sailing, I'd see if I could find someone who was on your ship and see what they did. Sometimes this will be listed in the daily newsletter. I've seen those posted on Webshots. I'm inclined to go along with Ruth. That time of year, you will be there 1-8. Either way, you have time to do the tour.

Doesn't Captain Marvin's drop you at the port area? If they take you to their shop, it's only a 5 minute walk...at the most.

Thanks twinkletoes, you have been MOST helpful.

Sounds like you just love GC. We are very excited about this stop.

And yes, I also thought about posting right AFTER the first "April" ship returns, to see what the "time was" on the ship vs GC. Then I'll make sure it fits for us on both ends, but I think it will. PERFECT idea !

THANK YOU AGAIN.

We do love it there. It's one of only a couple of places that I feel comfortable enough to roam around on our own. Our goal is to buy a couple of condos there, and eventually spend part of the year there. We just love how friendly everyone is there. And the clear water and white sand...it's magical.

Through the years, I've read where within a cruise line, different ships do different things concerning the ship time and island time. Some stay on ship time, and another ship in the line will change their clock. It's hard keeping up with what they do, but it does help to find someone who has been on the ship you will be sailing on and see exactly what happened when they were on it.

We noticed while we were in GC this time that there is a third tender area. It's this big concrete area (I think it was fenced off), but it is near the two main tender areas. We tendered off and on in the same location. And with you being on one of the last ships to leave (probably the last one), it should be easy for you to find your line. :)

The little shop next to CM's has the cutest little stuffed stingrays. I think they had two different sizes. They were in a basket on the wall toward the back of the shop (on your left).

If all else fails, you will know prior to getting off the ship just what the time issues are and you can adjust your day accordingly. The stingrays are awesome!

Have a great time...and when you get back, you'll have to let us know how things all worked out.

Archived