Disembark early virtuosa

Agathabumble

Hi, I wanted to book the four night Southampton to Greenock this Saturday but understand this is not possible due to it not going to Greenock. Does anyone know if I book the 7 night instead am I allowed to disembark early at another stop ie Liverpool or Belfast as I’m unable to stay the full 7 days due to work commitments. Many thanks 

This is straight from msc website to confirm Atcodave post

MSC VIRTUOSA – UK SAILINGS

For MSC Virtuosa’ sailings around the British Isles from 24th July onwards, updated policies apply: Guests will be considered “fully vaccinated” 14 days after receiving a full course of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. Guests who are fully vaccinated will be required to present evidence of this status prior to embarkation (i.e. NHS app, vaccination certificate or card). Failure to present evidence will result in refusal of embarkation.

All guests who are not fully vaccinated, specifically those who are under 18 years of age, who are medically exempt in relation to vaccination, who have not yet received their second vaccine dose, or who will be less than 14 days since their second dose at the time of departure of the cruise, will need to have taken a PCR (molecular) or antigen (lateral flow) test within the last 72 hours prior to arrival at the terminal for embarkation. Proof of a negative test result will be requested at the terminal and we will accept evidence such as an email, SMS or a printed document. The test is not required for fully-vaccinated (any proof of vaccination needed) or under 2 years old guests.

However, as per our stringent MSC Health & Safety protocol, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will need to undergo some Health and COVID 19 screenings including a COVID 19 swab test, a health questionnaire and a contactless temperature check, before boarding the ship.

SCOTLAND

We also inform you that, following the Scottish Government’s announcement stating that it would be moving all areas of the nation to its “Level 0” on 19 July 2021, all MSC Virtuosa sailings scheduled to visit and embark and disembark guests in Greenock will be reinstated in the itineraries of MSC Virtuosa from 28 July 2021. 

MANDATORY COVID INSURANCE POLICY 

It is mandatory for all UK guests to be in possession of Covid-19 travel insurance prior to their holiday.
For more information, see the 
Travel Requirements section. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agathabumble said:

Great thank you for that advice, I didn’t realise Greenock was back on for July. Only problem is for some reason the website only allows to book a 7 night round trip and not the 4 night to Greenock 😞

Don't give up give msc a call direct. They maybe able to squeeze you on. 😀

3 hours ago, Agathabumble said:

Hi, I wanted to book the four night Southampton to Greenock this Saturday but understand this is not possible due to it not going to Greenock. Does anyone know if I book the 7 night instead am I allowed to disembark early at another stop ie Liverpool or Belfast as I’m unable to stay the full 7 days due to work commitments. Many thanks 

I have requested on two separate cruise lines to early disembark and was denied.   MSC UAE cruise and NCL Africa cruise.

Both stated covid as the reason.  They want to control and or contact trace in the event things go south again.

Steve

14 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have requested on two separate cruise lines to early disembark and was denied.   MSC UAE cruise and NCL Africa cruise.

Both stated covid as the reason.  They want to control and or contact trace in the event things go south again.

Steve

On Virtuosa cruise round the UK at the moment they are offering early disembarkation if you take your own luggage off. You can get off between 7.30 and 8.

3 minutes ago, Atcodave said:

@Agathabumble The 4  night from Southampton this Saturday is showing available for me1570F4AB-9613-4CFF-91FC-5EC358F98CBE.thumb.jpeg.61c977c5c8024eb1589913d8aaeddd55.jpeg

I have just done a dummy booking and you can get all the way to the pick your cabin and it comes up with a message indicating its not available though. It might be that msc have or are approaching their limit for numbers. Hopefully if Agathabumble calls direct they might be able to get them on.

• Like 1