Anyone ever had stateroom 6095 or anything close to it?

Triptkr

Looking for pictures and words of wisdom on stateroom 6095 (PV1) or if anyone has stayed in staterooms near it the same floor port or starboard.   We are booked in that cabin on the Viking Jupiter.  My initial thoughts are that I like how it has a sliding door instead of a door/window combo and I like how it's under the overhang.    

If anyone has anything to add or things I should know in advance, I welcome the advice!    One thing I'm curious and possibly anxious about is whether there's any noise from the World Cafe above.   Did I make a wise decision?  

Thanks so much!

We did WC’s in 6075 then 6073. We changed because we didn’t like the door and chose the room with the slider for the second cruise.  The door is too tiny and you keep bumping your shoulders against it.

Only noise from above was some rolling carts on the exterior deck making a rumbling noise. Not too loud and not too irritating.

The overhang in our area is a bit smaller and did not block as much of the vertical view. It did work as a sunshade on the veranda.

On future cruises we have moved down to the fifth floor to get rid of a little of the overhang. 
Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tom.in.nc said:

We did WC’s in 6075 then 6073. We changed because we didn’t like the door and chose the room with the slider for the second cruise.  The door is too tiny and you keep bumping your shoulders against it.

Only noise from above was some rolling carts on the exterior deck making a rumbling noise. Not too loud and not too irritating.

The overhang in our area is a bit smaller and did not block as much of the vertical view. It did work as a sunshade on the veranda.

On future cruises we have moved down to the fifth floor to get rid of a little of the overhang. 
Tom

This is what I was hoping to hear...we were originally booked in a stateroom with a door/window situation and I just can't see how we'd love it.  The door really did look narrow and the curtains blocked a lot of light for both the window and door.  

8 minutes ago, sleepybobo said:

Interesting.  Do you know where I can find pictures of room with a door/window combo and room with slider?

We had this on the WC and have since always made sure to get the slider.  5EB79A56-3982-4227-BBFD-F773266F6F10.thumb.jpeg.6fede27e63728cfe0f978483b37136be.jpeg

• Like 2

And since someone is bound to ask, here is the list I pulled  from CC some time ago.  These are the rooms with the door/window combo, not the sliders, but you can extrapolate. 

4887B924-30E3-408C-89A9-067D90120743.thumb.jpeg.e93d1c417f8e60ede0170d4bd2fb8756.jpeg

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 2

Just now, sleepybobo said:

Thanks @Triptkr and @SantaFe1 Looks like you can get a better (wider) view with a slider instead of door/window combo.

Seems like it to me.  I like the amount of light that comes in with the slider option.   Kind of amazed Viking doesn't have a better solution for the door/window option for window coverings.  Those drapes currently in place block most of the view and access to the outside on the door/window situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Triptkr said:

Seems like it to me.  I like the amount of light that comes in with the slider option.   Kind of amazed Viking doesn't have a better solution for the door/window option for window coverings.  Those drapes currently in place block most of the view and access to the outside on the door/window situation.

Wonder why there are two different layouts? 

Yes, an up and down shade would be much better.  As it is we just tie back the curtains.  Most of our viewing is done outside on the veranda anyway.  I am told the door configuration is a result of the ship’s construction, with some kind of structure dictating the window/door configuration and placement.  I have also been told that the door/window cabins are slightly larger, which I think is true, having stayed in both.  

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SantaFe1 said:

Yes, an up and down shade would be much better.  As it is we just tie back the curtains.  Most of our viewing is done outside on the veranda anyway.  I am told the door configuration is a result of the ships construction, with some kind of structure dictating the window/door configuration and placement.  I have also been told that the door/window cabins are slightly larger, which I think is true, having stayed in both.  

That's interesting!  In what way do you think the window/door staterooms are larger?

They are a little wider, I think.  The split between the door and the window results when a beam or something in the structure has to be avoided, I believe.  So the split requires a few extra inches. All this is in laymen’s terms, and I hope a shipbuilder or someone will come on and explain it better.  

• Thanks 1

Viking displays the window/door configuration on its website. (See first photo below.) 

We had the slider last time, and while I liked the light, I didn’t like not being able to see out the window when sitting on the couch. (See second photo.)

We ended up with the window/door for our upcoming cruise. I’ll be curious to compare the two.

2805C5FB-2A79-403D-9A26-80F9416CEEFB.jpeg

3603F91D-5119-4632-BA81-CF0D532CF4A0.jpeg

Edited by Twitchly