What Where Your Nicest Experiences on the Golden Princess?

sfvoyager

Hi our actual most fun time on the golden were our british isles sailing last june . Our best part were the champagne waterfall and the themed nights with the crew in the fun activities in the explorers lounge, i think it was. We always have enjoyed the ship thow.

...about 5 years ago. We were going to do a land vacation through New England to see the fall foliage. I dreaded the idea. Then someone mentioned to my wife that they were doing a cruise for the same area. I started checking around, settled on Princess, picked the Golden, arranged for the "anniversary" package when we departed - champagne, strawberries, roses. We were SO impressed with the ship and everything about it - not something done very easily for a couple who spent 30 years in the military traveling constantly.

But sitting on our mini-suite balcony at 5pm as we left New York harbor, sipping champagne, eating chocolate dipped strawberries, and looking over at the smile on my DW's face - priceless.

We leave the 25th on the Grand Princess, our third Princess cruise (also did Alaska on the Diamond 2 years ago) - and while we'll have the mini again - I don't think anything will be like those 7 days on the Golden! I'm really thinking about taking that cruise again for our 35th next fall - but I'm worried it couldn't compare to #1 :-)

We were on the Golden in '04 for our 40th wedding ann. The ship is beautiful and we liked everything about it. We had a balcony room and enjoyed watching coming into the different ports. We found the "adult" only swimming pool in the back of the ship and spent our time there. Close by was a bar and also the Horizon court. It was a great place to sunbathe and just enjoy the pool. We had a great waiter and asst. waiter so it made our mealtimes a lot of fun. Entertainment at that time also was good. The Golden is a great ship. However since then we were on the Sun Princess and found that we like her even better. We like the smaller ships. In fact we will be going on her in 20 days can't wait. Enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Golden in October. We loved the New England itinerary! You know it's going to be a good trip when two days before departure you are upgraded to a balcony.

Departing past Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty was inspiring. But my favorite moment was sailing away from St John NB, standing on my balcony with a glass of wine and watching the the sun set on the lone bagpiper.

Last March did B2B Caribbean cruises on the Golden. It was a cruise reunion with a group of us who shared a dinner table back on the Ocean.

We had an awesome time.

Loved hanging out up on the sun deck. We would meet every night for a pre-dinner cocktail in the Promenade Lounge or on one of our balconies.

Celebrated an anniversary with a meal at Sabatini's followed by drinks & dancing in Skywalkers.

Soon I'll be back to the Golden.

Take a look at my webshots link below to see photos ;)

We were on Golden last April sailing Southern route. Highlights? Many and here's a few:

-Breakfast at dawn on our port side balcony watching the Eastern sky and approaching an island (doesn't matter which one)

-Watching the Southern Cross at night

-Afternoon tea (a Must because Princess does it soooo well)

-Swimming in the aft pool (had it all to ourselves most of the time)

-Bar hopping for that t-shirt (it took 14 bar stamps)

Enjoy and have a GREAT cruise!

Dinner at Sabatini's, starry skies, moonlit seas, aft pool swimming at night all sound magical.

I love hearing these wonderfully positive comments in a sea (pardon the pun) of minor criticisms. This really helps to generate the excitement!

• 2 weeks later...

Our favorite moments were sailing away from NYC. It sent chills down our spines as we sailed passed the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

We arrived back in New York before dawn and it was so quiet and beautiful. We had a balcony that faced the statue of Liberty on the way back into New York. She was all lit up and looked like she was staring just at us. Make sure you get up early to experience the sail back into New York. It is a treat.

Make sure to spend some time sitting at rail at the back of the ship (next to the pool). We sat there and had many a cocktail on sailaways from Boston and other ports. It was beautiful to watch the sunset and enjoy the ocean.

Have fun!!!

Back in Aug 02, on Golden's trans-Atlantic, Barcelona to NYC, we were invited to two on-board weddings, performed in the ship's chapel, by the Captain Andy Proctor.

Very well done, and I'm sure very memorable for the newly-weds.

Trip itself was very bumpy after the Azores, when we hit two different large Atlantic storms - but that is a different story.

Shortly after 9/11, we had a Golden Princess cruise booked for 53 weeks in advance. After the events of 9/11, I was extremely nervous to go ahead with our long-awaited cruise because at that point we had no idea what was happening. But, final payment had already been made and we were cruising with others who wanted to go, so we went.

We were so wowed by our first Princess cruise on the Golden. Had the best yet cabin steward, wonderful waiters and our absolute favorite part of the cruise was the band in the Wheelhouse, Tito Cruz! Since then, we've had seven more Princess cruises, but Tito was our absolute favorite dance band!

Archived