Dancing on the Spirit??

shookdm

Read one reveiw from last year that said there was no dance band on the Spirit trips in Alaska. Is this correct? I assume the disco is still open?

DMS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;9;1;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Spirit 9/1

I am going next year and hope there is a dance band, but I am sure the disco will be open.

My husband and I were on the Pride in February and there was a great dance band, it was great to see the "older" folks out dancing and having so much fun. The disco was also a lot of fun...not always crowded, but we boogied.

Pride 02/15/04

Spirit 05/11/05

We were on the Spirit March 30 - April 15 (Panama). There were 2 excellent dance bands. The Derek Hines group in the Versailles Lounge and the Stan Russell Duo in Club Cool. Also, the disco was open every night. Both Derek Hines and Stan Russell Duo were contining on the Alaska run. We really enjoyed Stan and Cindy in Club Cool--they played a lot of 60's and 70's music (mostly jives and cha cha). A lot of fun to dance too. Derek Hines was a more refined quieter atmosphere--waltz, slow fox trot.

Archived