Dinner Attire Question

borntoswim

We will be doing our first Disney Cruise on May 6 - really our first cruise ever. Can anyone give me a heads up on what is proper dinner attire? I know what I will wear but for my hubby and 10 year old son I am unsure. Is a tie required? Thanks

Sharon

folks tend to be a bit more casual on formal night on DCL. A fair number wear tux's, but certainly not a majority. A good number wear suits or jackets w/ ties; a fair number wear jackets w/out a tie. Most folks did have jackets, but younger kids are fine with good slacks and a polo type shirt. A 10 year old is kind of borderline - most kids that age are wearing jackets.

For the other nights, dockers and collared jerseys or shirts are fine.

Most nights the men will wind up in the dining room in a pair of slacks and a polo shirt or a button down shirt. If you're going on a 7 night cruise, you'll also have one formal night and one semi-formal night. We dressed my little brother mostly in slacks with a sweater and/or a button down shirt.

My DH has worn his tux for formal night each time we've cruised (he just looks so handsome in it and it's an excuse to get the tux out of the closet). Most of the men just wear regular suits on formal night. Young men also wore suits or at least slacks with a button down and a tie. Semi-formal night DH usually wears a button down and a tie.. either with or without a sports jacket.

A tie is never required, and you'll see a lot of people missing them even on formal night.

All the times I have been on Magic, I have tended to think attire is more upscale than I have seen on RCI. I saw lots of tuxes and floor length as well as sparkly formals, compared to RCI. Even the children had ties on on formal night. Maybe my experience was just like this the 3 times I cruised, but I would take the tie, and then take it off him if you dont see others with it on. Better safe than sorry.

Just got back and felt attire was very casual compared to other cruises. I don't think anyone expects much from the children either. Wear whatever you and your family members feel comfortable in.

Just got back and felt attire was very casual compared to other cruises. I don't think anyone expects much from the children either. Wear whatever you and your family members feel comfortable in.
Just dress em up, like it's Easter Sunday, if your a church goer. If your not, I aplogize. Tuxes not required! Let both husband and son know in advance, that on the cruise, there will be 2 nights that they have to dress up for. And for you, wear whatever makes you look :) Glamorous, and :) Queen-like. If you didn't want to dress up, you wouldn't be on Disney. Have a Great time. Metrowon:)

We will be doing our first Disney Cruise on May 6 - really our first cruise ever. Can anyone give me a heads up on what is proper dinner attire? I know what I will wear but for my hubby and 10 year old son I am unsure. Is a tie required? Thanks

Sharon

Just dress them up, let both husband and son know in advance, you expect them to dress up on the cruise for dinner. Ties are not necessary, for regular dinning nights. Formal/semi formal nights, just for you, they need the tie! And you need to look like a :) Glamorous Queen, everynight, that's why your on DCL. Go have a Great time! And whille your having dinner, order 2 dinner offering's if your not sure what you want, or just tell the waiter, "I'd like to try both." Once, my daughter explined to the waiter, she wasn't sure what she wanted for desert. Four minutes later, she was presented and left with all five desert offerings. Metrowon

Archived