Covid test

Momperson3

We are (hopefully) taking a 15 Hawaiian cruise on November 5th (Friday) out of LA.  I believe we will all have to have a negative covid test (I believe it can’t be the quick test). I think the test had to be within 72 hours?!?  We are flying out on Tuesday morning.  So I don’t think we can test before we leave.  Trying to figure out where we can get tested there (will be staying in San Diego) and what day do we get tested on— for results to be back in time & within their timeframe 

We flew to Hawaii in April 2021.  We used VAULT.  They will send the test to you and you will do it at home….with the help of a consultant via Zoom.  All instructions will follow.  After taking the test, no more than 72 hrs before your departure, you will do the test, take it to UPS in the provided box and they will send in right away.  You will be emailed your results with a QR code and upload to your phone.  The test is 119.00 each but our insurance reimbursed us.  However, I have a friend who traveled to Hawaii after us who went to Walgreens, drove through and did the test, received results with QR code for FREE before they traveled  and it worked just fine.  We will be traveling to Canada when the Border opens next month and even though we are fully vaccinated we will need to provide negative Covid test 72 hrs prior and we will use Walgreens.  It just seems simpler to drive through but we would do Vault again if need be.  Hawaii accepts the Walgreens test.  I will also add, we were only asked one time for the QR code and that was right when we landed .  Other than that , nothing.

Thanks!  Hopefully, Princess will provide info to where we can go to get a test that they will approve— in Calf.  Walgreens, if accepted would work..  I am thinking since cruise leaves on Friday—- we will probably have to test— Tuesday night or Wednesday.  If we weren’t leaving on Tuesday morning I would go somewhere by my house