New Testing Requirement for for all U.S. sailings longer than 4 nights

22 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Looks like we all will be tested mid-cruise and before disembarking at a charge of $178 PP. Our B2B on 8/15 & 22 now adds $712 to our costs. Time to start re-thinking our cruising schedule through the end of the year!!!!!

Love my B4B or longer each Cruise at 10+ nites each. Have Booked my first under 10niters in 19yrs this Oct-Dec B9B 4/5/5/4/5/5.....  Testing charge would be interesting additional cost as over half my Cruises are only about $500 each. Then what, testing me every 3 days for 6weeks? Tomorrows the first Final payment, think going cancel all legs. With Delta Spiking and Masking of Vax passengers was heading that way anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Contact the hotel that you are staying at. We are traveling overseas and our hotel already has us scheduled at the lab for our test prior to departure for the states .

Maybe your hotel here in the US will have some assistance they can provide or at least steer you in the right direction.

Thanks.  I think we have figured it out.  We are going going to get a PCR test here from the province on Thursday.  We should get the resorts by Friday evening. That test will cover both the flight and cruise. If for some reason we do not get the results before our connecting flight in Toronto, we will have to grab one at Pearson airport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Love my B4B or longer each Cruise at 10+ nites each. Have Booked my first under 10niters in 19yrs this Oct-Dec B9B 4/5/5/4/5/5.....  Testing charge would be interesting additional cost as over half my Cruises are only about $500 each. Then what, testing me every 3 days for 6weeks? Tomorrows the first Final payment, think going cancel all legs. With spike and Masking of Vax passengers was heading that way anyway

I am waiting for the "official word" on testing requirements for vaccinated passengers. My TA is on the mission to clarify the newest correspondence from Royal. To me it was confusing and I don't want to make any assumptions.

I agree about the concerns of the new variant spike PLUS the quality of the cruise experience being diminished.............lots to think about.

• Like 1