Avid snorkelers, best snorkeling?

saturdaysailing

Hi: Leaving next week on the Grand!!! I was planning on doing the Princess Snorkeling excursion to Goff Caye. This tour doesn't include food or drink. I heard another post talk about a boat they saw that looked like a lot of fun called "Belize Catamarans" they also said they saw a tour that they cooked food for. I wanted to find out if anyone knew anything about this "Belize Catamarans." They said there was music and dancing on board.

Also I have seen some great pictures of the beach, but I still wondered about the quality of the coral/fish to be seen. What's the best snorkeling on Belize? I noticed if you go out to the Atol? it's a very long ride and no beach, so I didn't know if this was worth it.

Also, we are going to Costa Maya & Cozumel.....is the snorkeling better here? And do you have any recommendations?

Hi: Leaving next week on the Grand!!! I was planning on doing the Princess Snorkeling excursion to Goff Caye. This tour doesn't include food or drink. I heard another post talk about a boat they saw that looked like a lot of fun called "Belize Catamarans" they also said they saw a tour that they cooked food for. I wanted to find out if anyone knew anything about this "Belize Catamarans." They said there was music and dancing on board.

Also I have seen some great pictures of the beach, but I still wondered about the quality of the coral/fish to be seen. What's the best snorkeling on Belize? I noticed if you go out to the Atol? it's a very long ride and no beach, so I didn't know if this was worth it.

Also, we are going to Costa Maya & Cozumel.....is the snorkeling better here? And do you have any recommendations?

1.There is BBQ you can buy for $5 on Goff's Caye under the palaypa hut...did you book this through a cruise excursion or private excursion? You can snorkel around the whole island if the weather/current is good...

2.And Chankanaab State Park in Cozumel is still closed because of damage it sustained during Hurricane Wilma...so you can't snorkel there yet.

3. There are catatamerans to Rendevous Caye...I am not sure if these are the ones you are refering to... But that has some fantastic snorkeling...there is a huge 45-60 foot wall drop of with lots of life on it near the caye.

4. The catermans that go to Turneffe Atoll...have wonderful snorkeling and some of them go to Bannister Island afterwards for some beach time...(Bannister is a lousy place to snorkel at)

Lots of choices hope that helps...

Archived