1st hand account Carnival in Bimini and Amber Cove?

wemjam

Wondering if anyone knows 1st hand is Bimini and Amber Cover requiring masks on the beach/around the pool?

I understand if you are traveling to get to the beach, pool etc., but once there and seated can you lounge and enjoy without the masks?

Just got off the Horizon (7/24-8/1) and our last stop was Amber Cove.  Only time you have to wear a mask is inside the port terminal and in the shops otherwise no.  No one had a mask on in the pool area at all.  FYI even though this is a carnival port, the swim up bar does NOT accept your sign and sail card.  Chairs are free but umbrella is $20.  Zip lining is $20 unlimited.  Pool floats are available to rent. FYI the  entire swim area is open to smoking & people were chain smoking 

10 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Going next month on the same route you did.  The above zip line looks great for beginners.  The gondola off the mountain looks kinda boring.  Did you do any Carnival sponsored excursions?

Normally we just get off the ship and do our own thing.  It had been years since we did carnival or any cruise lines excursions.  With COVID we opted to do excursions mainly because we weren’t sure how reliable taxi service would be.  

in Aruba we did the catamaran sail & snorkel.  It was very crowded- exactly 80 on our tour.  You literally could not snorkel over the ship wreck (the Antilla) due to so many people if you tried to swim you’d hit someone. I would not recommend 

in Curaçao  we did a semi submarine (my older in-laws wanted us to do this with them).  This excursions was very strict with masks and they took our temperature when we arrived at the pier (which happened to be at the Breezes resort) and made us sanitize twice.  (FYI that resort was beautiful but we were not allowed to explore it at all- rushed to the pier and rushed back).  This one was ok- not over crowded- I think 12 of us.  However the annoying part was they treated us like we were contagious and made us all stick together and we couldn’t even use the bathroom on site.

in La Romana we did the excursion to Catalina.  Catalina is very beautiful (uninhabited) and there was one bar open that served drinks and potato chips for $6 (no other food) and this was a long excursion- we didn’t get back to the ship until 5:00.  The boat ride over was rough - I enjoyed it others got sick.  It’s a pricey tour but Catalina is very very nice.  I’d do again but just pack some food.

in Amber Cove we just stayed at the port.  So much to do there and the pools were nice and not over crowded. Neither of us did the port zip lining and we did rent an umbrella which honestly we barely used since we were in the pool the entire time