TA or Direct

Icon5

I am woundering if I should book my cruise with a TA or direct throught carnival's web site. Prices are identical since I have gone trought a few TA to see.

What would be the advantage of either if prices are the same?

Any advise would help.

I have booked both ways and I have to say that now prefer booking direclty with Carnival. I like the fact that I can access my account 24 hours a day and look at it on the website. Also, if you have questions or need to modify anything you talk directly with Carnival. If you go through a TA, Carnival will not deal with you directly. I like the instant gratification and also the peace of mind that the booking will be correct.:)

I would check with the TA and see if they will credit you if the price drops, because Carnival will do that.

First though, have you tried negotiating with the TA's at all? i found a website where different TA's compete for your business and offer different prices and extras. I found one on there that was about 400 cheaper than Carnival for the three of us, i emailed him called him etc and i guess he doesnt check his phone over the weekend so i emailed the second best quote and told them what this guy offered me, they ended up charging me the same and i got a 50.00 on board credit and higher category (8A to AF)assigned room.

It never hurts to try to negotiate with them. just my two cents!

but since we can use Interline, we deal directly with our PVP. He gives us our Interline rate without having to go through a "middle man"..

For those who don't know, Interline rates are for airline (or airline related like UPS) companies.

You must provide an ID to prove your employment the first time. After that, it is just a quick phone call and I am booked on a cruise. Simple !! (I like that!)

Archived