Advice from you UK RCI experts

dritan

Hi

I wonder if I could get some advice from uk cruisers here.

Last month I booked an Anthem of the Seas cruise via an agency. At that time there were no 4 berth cabins available so we went for 2 connecting balconies. At the time we were at a particularly low point and my husband agreed basically I think, to cheer me up a bit.

But it was a lot more than we'd usually pay.

I've noticed last week that there are now a number of 4 berth balconies for our sailing and have contacted our agency to see if we can move it and use the saving as OBC. This would amount to approx £700.

They have put this through to RCI last Wed but say they have not been able to get a response. I've called the agency several times for follow-up.

Should I just be patient or is it worth contacting RCI directly ( will they even deal with me considering I've booked via an agency?)

Also if we decided to rebook via cruising with confidence, how long have others waited to get their e voucher /code?

Many thanks

Royal won't talk to you at all if you've booked through an agent. We're having different problems currently and are just having to trust that our agent is doing their best for us.

In terms of cruise with confidence, I cancelled a sailing last week and haven't been given a definite timescale but Royal have said I am in the queue for a FCC but that it will take 'several' weeks to receive

39 minutes ago, hayleyp said:

Royal won't talk to you at all if you've booked through an agent. We're having different problems currently and are just having to trust that our agent is doing their best for us.

In terms of cruise with confidence, I cancelled a sailing last week and haven't been given a definite timescale but Royal have said I am in the queue for a FCC but that it will take 'several' weeks to receive

Thanks Hayley. Looks like I'll have to keep trying with the agency and if that fails decide if we cancel and use our money on a cruise next year instead.