Table for 2, switching to early dinner?

Jakk

I called my travel agent, & I'm on a "waiting list" for earlier dinner seating. What are the chances of getting it? This is our first cruise, & after hearing how great the food is, we thought it would be better to go earlier, & be able to nibble at night. Also, what are the chances of pestering our agent, or slipping the maitre d' a $20 to get it once we arrive at the ship, one step further, can we get a table for 2 for a bribe as well?

I called my travel agent, & I'm on a "waiting list" for earlier dinner seating. What are the chances of getting it? This is our first cruise, & after hearing how great the food is, we thought it would be better to go earlier, & be able to nibble at night. Also, what are the chances of pestering our agent, or slipping the maitre d' a $20 to get it once we arrive at the ship, one step further, can we get a table for 2 for a bribe as well?

Ask nicely and they will try and accomodate you. It may be easier to find 2 seats at a table that is not fully subscribed.

I would go talk to Guest Services or the Maitre D'Hotel as soon as I get on the ship.

We like the Main Seating also. Our ideal dinner time is in between. When we go to the Specialty restaurant we book that for 7:30 pm. Some shows for the Late Seating are after dinner, but most are before dinner. On formal nights, we prefer to get dressed up, eat, change into casual clothes and go to the show.

The Maitre d's are ususally very accommodating - if there is a table available, they will gladly give it to you, so bribing shouldn't be necessary. I would head straight for the Maitre d' once you are on-board as they are available then to make changes.

If you don't get your first choice (a table for 2) - try the assigned table for the first night... you might be pleasantly surprised and really enjoy your tablemates:)

And, if you're unhappy with your table assignment after your first dinner, you can request a change for the following day as changes are often made at that point.

be on the phone to the cruise line on final payment day. Don't wiat for a "waitlist" to clear. This is the best time to get your request prior to getting on the ship.

The other advise is correct....head directly to the Maitre' D when you board if you do not have what you want. The $20.00 is often a good idea. Why settle for a table for two next to the kitchen door?

I agree with everyone. Call Celebrity as soon as time permits, and plead your case with them first. Also as soon as you get on board and have your reservation card from your room, go to the Rendez Vouz lounge to talk with the Maitre 'D or maybe even the Resturant Manager. Speaking highly of the reviews from past Pax making it the deciding factor of booking your Celebrity cruise ;) . I would also mention this with Celebrity's home office when you call them. Kevin

I also agree.

Once you get on the ship go directly to the Maitre'D and see what they can do.

We were unable to get what we wanted as far as a table of two at late seating. We were on the waitlist. Once on the ship I asked the Maitre'D and was told that there was no more room but he would keep me on the waitlist.

I told him that any help he could give me would be very nice. Told him that if the only tables for two were by the kitchen, not to move us. Gave him $20 for his time.

Went to eat lunch, went to the room and there was a message on the phone, we got our table for two in the middle of the dinning room.

Hello

See the Maitre D on the ship as soon as you can after boarding, and I am sure that they will get you a table for two at the first seating. However, if only larger tables are available give it a try without pouting, because you might pleasantly surprised as to the very interesting and fun dinner companions you may have.

And after the first night, the table for two will surely be available.

Hope that you have a great cruise.

Fred

Archived