Heathrow to Reykjavik

Dave W 10

I flew on the same flight on July 31st. I used Heathrow official meet and greet parking and arrived about 4:45 and had a smooth arrival and was in the arrival hall after about 10 minutes. 

When I checked in for the flight that Biking had booked I was offered an upgrade by BA to Club Europe for £79 each. I decided to take this and therefore had access to the dedicated business class check in, fast track security and Lounge Access. I was in the lounge by about 5:30 at the latest. 

The other benefit of the upgrade was that nobody was sitting next to you on the 3-3 seat layout. I felt this was worthwhile in managing our Covid risk on the flight. The breakfast on the plane was quite good and complemented the bubbles and bacon roll I had in the BA lounge at 6:00am quite nicely. 

Flight departed a few minutes late but arrived a few minutes early. 

Paperwork was checked thoroughly by BA check in desk. Wanted to see vaccine certificate and negative Covid test. 

A few extra observations.

If using meet and greet parking as we did, queue to hand over keys had grown much longer by 4:55 as the official start time was said to be 5:00am but one person was working before then. 

I also upgraded on the return flight and perhaps with hindsight this was not worth it. There is no fast track security or lounge access at KEF airport. The only benefit is the seat configuration and free food and drink on board the plane. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1