Oceania Land Programs

Rummblestrip

The overlands are typically packaged tours, that are repeated in cruises to or from a particular port. They are normally available for booking at the time the cruise is booked.

Similiar to ship shore tours, some of the overlands are capacity controlled and tend to sell out. I recommend booking them while booking the cruise.

From the comments it appears that Oceania does this nutty pricing just to confuse and make more $$$...

We did an India 5-day land tour and then Mumbai-Piraeus on Azamara Journey.  Wonderful trip.  Three of us; a single lady joined my spouse and me at EWR for the flight to DEL where we were picked up by the tour company.  Toured Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, then flew to Mumbai.  Great hotels and superb visits to the sights.  Driver stayed with us throughout the Golden Triangle with local guides at each location.  This was 2014...  Likely would anticipate a similar experience today.  Just the three of us in a small SUV - very comfortable.  Tour company was Delhi Magic.

Stopped in Dubai and went to the top of the Burj Khalifa, Gulf of Aqaba for both Eilat (Jerusalem) and Aqaba (Petra and Wadi Rum).  Great trip

Edited by Ride-The-Waves

Nice to hear all the positive reviews.  I've booked our first ever O post-cruise extension in Rome next month.  We've been to Rome many times, had some tours, but mostly toured independently.  But I've always wanted to see Tivoli.  We don't like driving (or parking) in Italy.  A private tour is very expensive for two, and in these early post-Covid days I didn't feel confident we could find enough other cruisers on CC to  join a tour.  So we booked the Oceania extension to Villa d'Este.

We don't often book ship shore excursions either...but in these post-Covid days I've booked more ship tours since it seems there have been many changes to private tour companies.  These aren't the "good old days" yet, and we've being a bit more conservative in this new and rapidly-changing environment.

• Like 1