Phone call from NCL

mar326

I just came home from work and there was a message on my answering machine from someone at Norweign Cruise Line. I called her back but the office is closed. I am booked on a cruise in June to Alaska. Does anyone have any idea why they would be calling me? Due to the time difference it will be hard to call them back.

Hi there --- I also just got a call today, and it was someone from NCL saying that she is my new "Personal Cruise Consultant", a service offered only to Latititudes members. At first, I thought she was calling to follow-up on a cruise I just booked a couple days ago, but she didn't seem to know about the booking, so i gave her my info, and told her to check it out and call me to review it over the phone. Shee also sent me an email, which said:

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me this afternoon! I am your Personal Cruise Consultant at NCL. I am here to assist you with planning your cruise vacations and to find the lowest fare!

Please keep my contact information on file and phone me with any questions you may have!

Thank you for choosing Norwegian!

I'm wondering if this is NCL's way of offering a higher level of service to frequent NCLers PRE-CRUISE as a way of garnering more loyalty and return business...or maybe a way to hit potential customers DIRECTLY before we go thru other sites/agencies, thus keeping the TA commissions for themselves? Either way, I think WE WIN, so I am looking forward to seeing what transpires...will keep you all updated.

I called the number that the NCL representative left on my answering machine and got my answer on why she called. It is something new that NCL is doing to personalize its services to people who make reservations on line with NCL directly. When ever I call now with guestions or to make reservations for a new cruise I can contact one person directly. I am very happy about this. It will be sooo much easier now to get my ??'s answered by the same person instead of having to repeat ??'s to serveral people.

We had a personal consultant with Carnival a few years ago and it came in handy. Any questions were answered and we were satisfied with the service. Hope this continues with NCL. It could improve their Customer Service Dept.

Sounds like a good program on their part. I've always booked direct with Carnival because I've found their Personal Vacation Planners (PVP) to be extremely helpful and reachable - much better than any travel agent I've ever used for land or sea vacations. Sounds like NCL intends to copy their model.

It looks like NCL is trying to take future business away from the travel agent community. Might be a good thing, but then again, might be a very bad thing. Travel agents can be invaluable if you have a good one. I know that my agent would not sell a line that takes past passengers and solicites future business directly. And I don't blame her. It is kind of a dangerous practice on NCLs part- Renaissance did the same thing - and look where they are now.

It looks like NCL is trying to take future business away from the travel agent community. Might be a good thing, but then again, might be a very bad thing. Travel agents can be invaluable if you have a good one. I know that my agent would not sell a line that takes past passengers and solicites future business directly. And I don't blame her. It is kind of a dangerous practice on NCLs part- Renaissance did the same thing - and look where they are now.

Keep in mind that even if a customer booked directly with a Personal Cruise Consultant at NCL, there is no reason the booking cannot be transferred to their own TA. I highly doubt that NCL would be foolish enough to attempt to eliminate the Travel Agent community. ;)

Keep in mind that even if a customer booked directly with a Personal Cruise Consultant at NCL, there is no reason the booking cannot be transferred to their own TA. I highly doubt that NCL would be foolish enough to attempt to eliminate the Travel Agent community. ;)

One would hope - but I have seen it happen before.

Archived