NCL Guest Relations is a Joke

InMyFreeTime

I do hope that we hear back from the OP either way however I won't be surprised if we never hear back at all. 

I think s/he came here looking for advice and to gauge what other people would do next if they were in this situation and while they did get some of that, they faced a heck of a lot of criticism for their cabin choice, how much they elected to pay and for feeling that they were wronged. 

I think we can all agree that we expect to get what we pay for. 

Half my family is prone to seasickness so I spend quite a bit of time selecting my cabins (often two as we are a family of six). I have learnt from experience that not only do I want something mid-ship but I also like to avoid noisy areas (learnt a lesson on the Celebrity Silhouette where I was kept up every night from being right above the nightclub). As such, I am very sympathetic to the cabin switcheroo situation the OP is in.  

I have read (pre-COVID) of people being contacted and asked to move cabins, often with incentives attached (though not necessarily on NCL) and would expect that if the cruise line wants my cabin, they would contact me to work something out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JillK said:

I do hope that we hear back from the OP either way however I won't be surprised if we never hear back at all. 

I think s/he came here looking for advice and to gauge what other people would do next if they were in this situation and while they did get some of that, they faced a heck of a lot of criticism for their cabin choice, how much they elected to pay and for feeling that they were wronged. 

It wasn't about their cabin choice, or what they paid. Many folks here love the studio experience and are happy to pay a premium for it, and some of us have paid more for a Haven cabin than others paid for a college education. To each their own.

It was the fact that they were making a very large deal out of being inconvenienced, when to the majority of us as the details came out it wasn't much of an inconvenience at all. 

Examples like you gave are perfect - needing to be close to the elevators, wanting to be away from public areas, mid-ship, particular deck, etc - all perfectly reasonable expectations that if you picked a particular cabin, you get that cabin. The way the OP was describing the situation initially gave the impression that was exactly what had happened. But it wasn't - unless I misread something.

They were moved from a studio cabin, to another studio cabin. And yes, as someone has pointed out all studios are not the same, but it's very different being moved from point A to point B when they're still within 50 ft of each other, to being moved from mid-ship deck 11 with cabins all around you to being directly under the pool deck aft.

OP is gone, so we're all just speculating and picking sides at this point, but my experience is that people who want to resolve situations ask for guidance and then run with it. Other folks just want to make a lot of noise for the sake of feeling vindicated or knowing they were "right". 

• Thanks 1