MSC not issuing travel docs, anyone else have this problem?

ksibla

I am supposed to leave on Meraviglia on August 30.  I have filled in all the information on the MSC site.  I am vaccinated and will bring a PCR test with me.  The cruise is all paid for.  When I try to get my travel docs their website says I have not filled in all the information that is required.  So I called twice. I was told I did fill in all the information and the docs would be emailed soon.  I used a travel agent.  She is not having any luck.  She suggested I just go to the port with the booking number and see if they let me board.  Is or has anybody else experienced this with MSC?

On 6/21/2021 at 10:33 AM, pl3341 said:

Jerry's will celebrate his 74th on the 29th and our 47th anniversary on the 28th. I am also happy about no masks. We should start planning some events!

57 minutes ago, ksibla said:

I am supposed to leave on Meraviglia on August 30.  I have filled in all the information on the MSC site.  I am vaccinated and will bring a PCR test with me.  The cruise is all paid for.  When I try to get my travel docs their website says I have not filled in all the information that is required.  So I called twice. I was told I did fill in all the information and the docs would be emailed soon.  I used a travel agent.  She is not having any luck.  She suggested I just go to the port with the booking number and see if they let me board.  Is or has anybody else experienced this with MSC?

You can try sending an email to:  MscExistingReservations@MscCruisesUsa.com

Sometimes it takes a day or 2 to get a response but it's worth a try.

I have emailed MSC several times.  I have called 4 times. I will call again tomorrow.  I have bothered my poor travel agent until I am sure she hates me.  This is ridiculous.  I paid,  I am vaccinated.  I just want my boarding pass and tags.  I fear going to the port and being told they never issued a ticket for the booking.  I have been cruising for 30 years.  I have never experienced worse customer service.  How does MSC stay in business?  

On 8/23/2021 at 3:45 PM, dolphin1313 said:

You can try sending an email to:  MscExistingReservations@MscCruisesUsa.com

Sometimes it takes a day or 2 to get a response but it's worth a try.

MSC has not responded to emails.  I called them again this morning.  Still do not have boarding passes issued.  They confirmed I submitted all info needed and the trip is paid in full. SO what is the darn problem?  I do not want to drive 20 hours to Miami, pay for a hotel room to be denied boarding at the port.  We are vaccinated.  When I called this morning and asked about cancelling I was told there would be a cancellation fee.  Cancellation fee for what?  They are not issuing my tickets.  This is why I am wondering if they has happened to anybody else.  Seems not.  So I do not know why we are not approved to board.  I will contact credit card company tomorrow to back out charges if they are still refusing to issue boarding passes.  Geeze........  

I posted on another thread, but I had trouble accessing my boarding pass. It didn’t show on the main web check in page, and I never got an email either. What I had to do was to

click on web check in

click on a guest (as if I were going to edit the info)

scroll to the bottom and hit next until reaching a screen where I finally reached the buttons to get the documents and the boarding pass

Repeat for each guest

Hope that works for you. 

• Like 1