FLL Hotels are Ripping us Off!!! Anyone stayed at LaQuinta?

JWMom

BEWARE...I made reservations a few weeks ago at the Holiday Inn Express near the FLL airport...before I knew any better...for a May 2006 cruise out of Miami and they charged me $186.00 for two people for a basic room...I tried to cancel when I found out I had been screwed and they said I could not and if I did I would be charge the full amount..period..they said it was because they were giving me a special rate..thats why I could not cancel!!..You ever heard anything soo crazy???

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Did you make an advanced purchase on their website as opposed to the regular rate held against a credit card or an AAA rate?

JWMom- what cruise are you on? We are staying at LQ Airport on the 17th and 25th for our cruise. The cheapest I was able to get was $140 total (taxes included already). Everywhere else I looked it was $148 before texes.

Hi Amy! We're on RCCL Jewel of the Seas leaving the 19th and back the 25th-how about you?? Have you stayed at the LaQuinta before?

OK, so here it is. hotels in FL are expensive this time of year because all of you who live up north are looking for ways to escape the snow and cold. The only solution is to move here. :) That's not cheap either! It's practically impossible to get a room here in Naples this time of year. When the hotels have no openings it's pretty easy for the rates to go high. Simple supply and demand concept. Sorry, but there are lots of people who want to escape to FL any time but maybe July and August.

Hi Amy! We're on RCCL Jewel of the Seas leaving the 19th and back the 25th-how about you?? Have you stayed at the LaQuinta before?

JWMom, we are on the Cairbbean Princess leaving the 18th. I have never stayed at LQ, but it sounds like a nice decent hotel!

I cannot believe how expensive these hotels in FLL are!! Just looking for one night pre and post cruise. I just will not spend hundreds of dollars for a hotel room-it's crazy!! I finally got a rate of $119 at the LaQuinta Airport which still makes me cringe but that's about the best I can find right now-anyone stayed there recently? Pretty good ratings on TripAdvisor. I've never used Priceline or Hotwire-any advice there? Thanks for your help!!

How are the hotels ripping you off? If they quote you one price at reservation and then try to charge you more when you check out, that's being ripped off.

$119. for a hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale sounds like a reasonable rate to me.

Some of these hotels want $400 a night (without even a free breakfast!!)-I'm paying $600 for one person for a whole week of cruising!!!

So you're thinking is that because you got a cheap cruise, the hotel should be dirt cheap too? Maybe the cruiseline should increase the price and then the hotel room wouldn't seem so high? LOL! :)

How are the hotels ripping you off? If they quote you one price at reservation and then try to charge you more when you check out, that's being ripped off.

$119. for a hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale sounds like a reasonable rate to me.

So you're thinking is that because you got a cheap cruise, the hotel should be dirt cheap too? Maybe the cruiseline should increase the price and then the hotel room wouldn't seem so high? LOL! :)

Goodness, just making an observation.....seems some people agree with me. I'm not saying I'm "entitled" to a cheap hotel because I got a good rate with my cruise-I've just never stayed in Ft Lauderdale and very surprised at how expensive the hotels are. I guess I've just never understood paying $400 a night for a hotel unless you are just getting top notch amenities which it doesn't sound like a lot of these hotels offer. At some point, I guess you're just paying for a name brand....but if people are willing to do that then have at it. I just can't bring myself to do that! I am pretty happy with my $119 rate-don't think they're "ripping off" as much-I'm talking about some of these other hotels.

Archived