BOA Onboard Credit and Buying OBC Onboard

With all of the recent cancellations both by cruise lines and people denied due to COVID testing, does anyone know what happens to onboard credit applied to your account which was transferred from the BOA RCCL credit card? The BOA site says that cancellations forfeit the OBC, however, i've also heard different stories as to what happens. Will points go back to the card? Will RCCL capture the OBC for a future sailing? Nervous to add too much and then either they cancel or for some reason my group tests positive before sailing and we cannot get the credit back.

On a separate note, I also wanted to purchase OBC for someone travelling with me in another cabin and would normally do this in advance. However, if they also have an issue and cannot sail, what happens to the OBC then? As a result, I wanted to know if I could just wait and purchase it onboard.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Cruiser1976 said:

With all of the recent cancellations both by cruise lines and people denied due to COVID testing, does anyone know what happens to onboard credit applied to your account which was transferred from the BOA RCCL credit card? The BOA site says that cancellations forfeit the OBC, however, i've also heard different stories as to what happens. Will points go back to the card? Will RCCL capture the OBC for a future sailing? Nervous to add too much and then either they cancel or for some reason my group tests positive before sailing and we cannot get the credit back.

On a separate note, I also wanted to purchase OBC for someone travelling with me in another cabin and would normally do this in advance. However, if they also have an issue and cannot sail, what happens to the OBC then? As a result, I wanted to know if I could just wait and purchase it onboard.

Thanks

I wouldn't do it.  I am currently waiting for $750 gift certificates that were applied to my cruise which was cancelled June 5th.  They wanted to give them back to me as FCC and I refused because I want to apply to final payment of a cruise and have the remaining as on board credit.  I also had BOA on board credit from the same cruise which I still have received back.