Harmony of the Seas and UK passengers - 5 Sept

dorts

Hi, received an email from RCCL yesterday basically saying that the cruise on Harmony of the Seas leaving Barcelona 5/9/21 for UK passengers is dependant on whether Italy cancels the quarantine arrangements for UK. This is due to be made by at least 30/08/21. I am due to leave for Barcelona 1/9/21 so cutting it pretty close of I wait it out ... They promised an update on 1/9/21 also but going to keep an eye on what Italy does between now and then. Nerve wreaking situation and wonder if anyone else is in a similar position and did they just cancel already for 100% refund as given in email or waiting it out??

52 minutes ago, dorts said:

Hi, received an email from RCCL yesterday basically saying that the cruise on Harmony of the Seas leaving Barcelona 5/9/21 for UK passengers is dependant on whether Italy cancels the quarantine arrangements for UK. This is due to be made by at least 30/08/21. I am due to leave for Barcelona 1/9/21 so cutting it pretty close of I wait it out ... They promised an update on 1/9/21 also but going to keep an eye on what Italy does between now and then. Nerve wreaking situation and wonder if anyone else is in a similar position and did they just cancel already for 100% refund as given in email or waiting it out??

I’ve been holding off booking the 12th September departure until Italy makes a decision regarding extending/cancelling the quarantine rules for travellers from the UK. I was reading an article last night indicating an announcement may be made the day before the current rules expire, so we may know on the 29th.