Car Storage

atloar

This is my wife and I's first cruise. We are driving from New Orleans and staying at one of the local hotels saturday night. The hotel says that they will allow us to leave our vehicle there for the week at no extra charge and they have a shuttle to and from the dock. Has anyone experienced this as of yet, and is there a better way of doing it?

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

There are other options such as private lots. They will charge anywhere from $50-$75. They claim security and have fences. So, I guess it all depends on how safe you feel leaving your car at a hotel. Here is a link to one private lot we have used:

http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

There is also the Port of Galveston parking lot:

http://www.galvestoncruises.com/MenuItems.aspx?s=Parking

Kniner101

We've cruised out of Galveston twice and left our car at the hotel both times. In 11/04, we were at the Best Western and earlier this month, we stayed at the Econolodge. Car was fine both times. Though the lot the Econolodge has you park in I felt was a little more secure and in view of the office. At the Best Western, you park completely behind the hotel. Now, neither had their own shuttle, but our taxi ride was only $15. Hubby liked the Econolodge better because with their free continental breakfast, they have the make-your-own Belgian waffle (pre-measured batter ready to cook). That has become his prerequisite for any hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Greeat that is where we are staying this time the Econo Lodge. I LOVE Belgin Waffles..... Thanks for the info, I feel better about leaving it there now. It is not like I have anything of value in it I am not leaving anything in it, I just worried about people breaking in to find out that there was nothiong but the factory radio in there.....

:)

Archived