Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

23 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

1. I logged in to the NCL Website and the upgrade showed up. I never asked for it and didn't even know about it. When NCL called me I only asked for my Cabin Assignment, the NCL Agent then said I had been upgraded already.

2. Yes, American Express Platinum travel reserved the room. However, NCL added on the 5 Free at Sea Offers because I did not see them on my NCL Account. So sometimes NCL will in fact deal with the client directly, but won't discuss any pricing and referred me back to the Travel Agent

3. I called American Express Platinum and they stuck me with another $400 Service Charge for the 5 Free at Sea Offers

4. Regardless of whether Amex Platinum or NCL pushed through the upgrade, yep Cost difference is easy $5K, even more if I wasn't travelling Solo

5. This is on EPIC, it's not a 5 Star ship - but The Haven on it is probably close to 5 Star

23 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Still calling BS. 

1.  NCL will not "give" you a upgrade from a single occupancy MC Club Balcony to a H6 3-4 person Haven Suite; Cost difference is about $5k.  

2.  You state a TA reserved the room.  NCL will not deal with you directly, only your TA.

On 11/3/2022 at 3:14 PM, scooter6139 said:

Still calling BS. 

1.  NCL will not "give" you a upgrade from a single occupancy MC Club Balcony to a H6 3-4 person Haven Suite; Cost difference is about $5k.  

2.  You state a TA reserved the room.  NCL will not deal with you directly, only your TA.

Add me to the list.  I was in a wild.bidding war for Havens on the Encore which I am currently on and I stopped bidding at $15,000 on top of what I payed for several categories including that 2 brm Haven.

I won a Spa haven (21 nights)

3 hours ago, NCLfanboy said:

I called American Express Platinum and they stuck me with another $400 Service Charge for the 5 Free at Sea Offers

Without opining on the veracity of other claims, which I sincerely hope are true because that would be fantastic for you and we all deserve some Ws from time to time, this is probably expected and normal. "Free" at Sea gets the quotes because you still have to pay gratuities on the sticker price of the packages. I paid ~$600 in extra grats for my fiance and I on our 14-day sailing for the drink package alone so $400 solo for 5 offers doesn't sound too off.

Called because I am paid in full, they tried to “upgrade” me to the rooms on the Prima where the slide kinda runs through your balcony, I declined. So they are offering FCC, said I would get contacted tomorrow… what should I expect? It was a $900 price drop.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cindyhere said:

Which Ship to Bermuda has been awarded the upgrades for next week ?

Well a quick search on NCL's web site shows only the Joy and the Pearl sailing to Bermuda next week.  Using that info and surfing through the roll calls on this site turned up many people posting about upgrades on the Joy November 12th sailing.  Ah you gotta love the interwebs.  🙂

On 11/3/2022 at 9:16 PM, Mcc1989 said:

You definitely need to call in regards to future cruise credits/aka price drops. It took about an hour (I think I called during a peak time). They did advise me that the credit wouldn’t appear on my account until after the cruise. 

I was lucky because I noticed the price drop and called right away, the next day the category was sold out. So would have been out of luck. 

This happened to me, upgrading ourselves to a 2BR Haven suite on the Getaway. I booked it, the next day the price dropped $600, so I got FCC ($300 each for me and my husband), and the next day those suites sold out, so I wouldn't have had any price to compare it to if I had waited another day to call.

Unfortunately we returned on 10/29, but the FCC has yet to show up in my account, so I have to call even though I have an e-mail confirming the FCC would be credited after we disembarked.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:14 PM, New2cruise2022 said:

Are there any major differences between a balcony suite and a club balcony suite?

In an effort to keep this post on-topic, since it's already super long, I'll point you to the posts below. The differences aren't huge, and depending on the cost difference may be totally worth it. I think the bigger bathroom/better shower alone is worth some amount of extra money.

4 hours ago, rbxlady said:

This happened to me, upgrading ourselves to a 2BR Haven suite on the Getaway. I booked it, the next day the price dropped $600, so I got FCC ($300 each for me and my husband), and the next day those suites sold out, so I wouldn't have had any price to compare it to if I had waited another day to call.

Unfortunately we returned on 10/29, but the FCC has yet to show up in my account, so I have to call even though I have an e-mail confirming the FCC would be credited after we disembarked.

Yes you need to call and ask for the coupon number.  I too had a letter that within 24 hours of disembarking it would post.

Never posted where I could see it, but they gave me the number.

• Thanks 1

NCL Pearl Nov 18th 2022 - 11 days to go
Just upgraded  to 2-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony (S4) for  $870 PP

Was booked for a MA - "Club Balcony Suite Stateroom" for about $5K total
Prices are PP for the offers given to me months ago
The Haven 3-Bedroom Garden Villa (H1) $2,100 - $5,100
The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2) $1600 - $3100
The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H3) $1600 - $3100
The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H4) $1600 - $3100
The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H4) $1200 - $2950
The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony (HF) $1100 - $2850
2-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony (S4) $860 - $2600
Forward-Facing Deluxe Penthouse with Large Balcony (SD) $600 - $2100
Forward-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SF) $600 - $2100
Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SM) $600 - $2100
Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (SN) $600 - $2100

• Like 4

On the Joy going to Bermuda 11/`12 Balcony Cabin.  Bid on 8 Haven Cabins, bids varied from 350pp to 650pp. Bid 200pp on Club Balcony Suite. 7 days ago there were at least 35 Haven rooms still available.

Just got my upgrade, a Club Balcony Suite. How much does one have to bid to get into the Haven ? Last time I got in there with a 400 bid per person on the Breakaway. Oh well, will make the best of it. Thought I would get into the Haven, but it was not meant to be.

We are leaving tomorrow on our 4th cruise this year.  I bid on 2 of them and got the upgrade.  Both upgrades were from a balcony to a club balcony suite.  The first time it was a regular club balcony with a walk-in shower, the last cruise they upgraded us to a family club balcony.  That one has a bathtub and you have to climb over the sides.  As seniors, we do not want to trip getting into a shower so I will not be bidding in the future.

Based on posts in a different group board 🙂 , this morning a "boat load" of us in Studio and Inside cabins seem to have gotten our upgrades for Balcony (one reported club balcony) for Getaway 11/18 sailing.  

Personally two studios were upgraded to BB category balconies. Bids were $90 and $95 (minimum for balc was $75) Those are the PP amounts so the upgrades were $180 and $190.

Someone reported bidding $125 pp I believe also in a studio and was moved to BA category balcony. A couple others seem to have been given BA category as well but didn't indicate their bidding "just over minimum" could be anything since minimum is only $75. One person's  "just over" could be another's "a lot over" 

I'm over-the-moon on our score as the price differential when booking and even today for a single in a balcony vs. the studio is nearly another $800-1000 each in the FAS rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1