Atlantis aquarium

ejlrc10

We went to the Atlantis Aquarium on our honeymoon in August 2001. We were not cruising then (stayed at Sandals). Anyway, we paid for the long guided tour of the aquarium and it was FANTASTIC. I would definitely recommend it. You get a very, very informative guide who can answer all your questions and tells you all about the different fish as well as the resort. Make sure to ask about the 'bridge suite' when you go outside.

We were very lucky in that no one else wanted a tour when we were there so we got a private tour!!

Well worth the money. Wonderful tour.

I don't know if it was a fluke or not but, when we visited Nassau last year, we went to Atlantis for dinner. We arrived about 6pm and couldn't get into the restaurant we wanted until 8pm so we decided to see the Digs. When we arrived it was all wide open for business but there was no admission process in place. Everyone just wandered right in.

You don't have to pay to just walk through the aquarium.

However, the guided tour is so worth the money. They take you through the aquarium as well as outside to walk around the property some.

Yes, you DO have to pay to walk thru the aquarium. Except early am and late pm when the door is no manned.

It's $29pp. $21 for kids.

While I can't speak for the guided tour, in 2000 my mom and I just went one evening and walked right in. Looking back on it, if I had paid $30 bucks for what I saw, I would have been pissed. Don't get me wrong, it is nice, but the Atlantis Aquarium doesn't even begin to compare to the freestanding aquariums that I've been too. There are several nice things to see - loved the eels, but there isn't enough to see to warrant 30 bucks.

Go later and just walk through it for free.

I totally agree with the above poster about going around dinner time in the evening and walking through it for free. It's nice, but the fish you see in the tunnel are the same fish you see from the public area....just at a different angle. Plus, the security also no longer mans the outside area from non-hotel guests at that time too so you can also walk the property outside around the various pools, slides, etc...It's worth seeing for sure, but not paying $30 for the aquarium.

Archived