How Do You Like Your Martinis?

JuneauWhatIMean

On a Celebrity ship, I like Van Gogh Gin, straight up, with either an olive or a lemon twist. At home, I can't get Van Gogh gin, so I prefer Tanqueray 10, which is much different from regular Tanqueray.

I've found the martinis in the Martini Bar to be far from weak. On our constallation trip, I watched mine being made and he swirled vermouth in the glass, poured it out and the rest was ice-cold straight gin. Far from weak. But you can also specify what ratio you want of gin and vermouth (or vodka and gin, if you're one of those :D ).

For anyone seriously interested in martinis, there's a site called Zigy's Martini Lounge which has a very active (and opinionated!) message board.

http://members.aol.com/zigystar/

Allen

Funny, we don't need martini's to misbehave. Something about practice makes perfect!

How are you doing? Are you looking forward to that Martini bar on the Mercury? We miss you and will have to see what we can work out. March of '07 is too far away!

I guess I've had a lot of practice, I do seem to be quite good at it. I'm doing good, 2 more treatments & I should be done. I am very much looking forward to the martini bar on Mercury.

Don't forget about the Zenith repo cruise in October, that's going to be a good one and hopefully will make it to Key West! It's scheduled to be there until 10pm. You guys should join us.

Terri

I don't know about you guys, but Tugger's posts really make me thirsty. :D

I hate the watered-down versions of martinis and cosmopolitans served at bars and, I assume, on cruises. My DH and I keep our Skyy in the freezer. We also keep our martini glasses in the freezer after adding a little water in the bottom. No need for shaking or stirrring which waters down the vodka. The ice in the bottom has barely melted by the time you're finished. I go for cosmos and he likes a martini with a couple of sprays of vermouth on top and an onion on a pick. Yummmmmmm:p

So what's your fav?

Love this thread. I like any Martini Bar on Celebrity.

I, like your husband love a good "Gibson". That's when you add onions as opposed anything else. I especially like them with some of the Polish Potato vodkas Celebrity handles.

Just ask and you shall receive....:D

Ohh...dirty martinis in the Jacuzzi...;)

(waves at donna)

Hi Suzy, Email me at donnaw7471 AT yahoo.com. I have some great pictures of the two of you to send down. In all the last minute mayhem, we somehow didn't manage to get you address!

Think about the Greek Isles next May! Definitely not MSC!

Archived