Inspiration

msnan

We are sailing on the Inspiration March 4th and have a few questions

Wondering if anyone knows if the menu is the same in the Brasserie bar & Grill as in the more formal dining room.

Also what is the price of a soda card for a teen-ager.

We are new to cruising and would like hearing from someone who has taken this cruise

The price of the soda card I beleive is variable on the length of the cruise. $20 to $30 I think is in the ball park, but if you have a typical teenager, you will get more than you money's worth, my son did!

New to cruising. Read these boards!

You will get a lot of good advice and insights. I thought the duct tape advice was idiotic. I was proven wrong many times. The cheap clear over the door shoe holder was another indespensible item.

But you did one thing right, you're on crusiecritic and you are already way ahead of most first time cruisers.

Rule #1 for the cruise. Relax and Enjoy!

Oh, I was on the Inspiration Jan 2. I abused (as in over used) Rule #1!:cool:

Get ready to be hooked! We loved the Inspiration so much last summer, we are on her again this summer.

I believe the soda card was $30 for the 5-nighter, but I could be mistaken. Still totally worth it for a teenager!

In the Brasserie, take the time to have sandwiches made to order (yummy!) or have a chicken caesar from the pizza station. It is absolutely NOT the same menu as the main dining room. Is there a reason you think you'll skip the main dining room every night??

Thanks for the help-we do plan to eat most of our evening meals in the dining room-but are going with a group and some of them were interested in knowing about the Brasserie Bar & Grill.

Also thanks for the info on the soda card-we are so looking forward to getting out of the cold weather here -27 last night

The deli sandwiches were VERY good! Ehpride forgot to mention how crazy she was for the hotdogs at the grill! Personally, I thought the fries at the grill were great, but I love anything that calls itself a french fry!

Enjoy the Inspiration...I had a great time! And yes, Bobby (Catelin) in the Mardi Gras dining room was wonderful...definitely made our cruise! That man can DANCE!!!:D

The deli sandwiches were VERY good! Ehpride forgot to mention how crazy she was for the hotdogs at the grill! Personally, I thought the fries at the grill were great, but I love anything that calls itself a french fry!

Enjoy the Inspiration...I had a great time! And yes, Bobby (Catelin) in the Mardi Gras dining room was wonderful...definitely made our cruise! That man can DANCE!!!:D

Lol...nothing like a hot dog in the middle of the ocean! Somehow everything just tasted better!

We didn't find them until later either, flynrph. I sure wish we would have found them sooner.

Have a great cruise, msnan! It's a wonderful ship. Sure got me hooked!

Now that you mention that, I kept asking my wife and sons, Why in the world are you eating a hot dog (almost every day for lunch), when there are so many new choices all over the place? Of course this was coming from someone eating a hamburger while asking this stupid question. And yes, gjules, those fries were good! Imagine that! It's the little things that helped make it a fun cruise.:D

It's weird b/c I hardly ever eat hot dogs on land/at home (corn dogs yes, but rarely hot dogs). I don't know if it was the way theirs were cooked or the sea air or the fact that they were free or what. We also grabbed pizza and ice cream more than once :)

We usually ate the Buffet food for lunch and I tried the tastes of the nations, but some of them were just too different! The grill/pizza was our mid-afternoon snack!

Archived