Acapulco Excursion

trustthedj

Does anyone have any experience with the Carnival Excursions "Acapulco Beach Break" - 3 1/2 hour with open bottle for $59 OR the "Scenic Acapulco & Resort Break" - 7 hour with lunch and open bottle at the Mayan Palace Hotel for $89. Can't decide between the two. Or any cheaper alternatives to do on our own for less $$ and still have a FUN beach day in Acapulco? Thanks!:)

yes this is what it will cost you to spend the day at the princess but that is only the entrance fee to use the pool by the time you pay your taxis there and back that will be about another 40 to 50 dollars and that with no drinks or lunch included. i say go for the scenic beach break at the mayan palace we have done this tour with another name and the food and the pool was fantastic. hope this has been of some help.

Thanks lovemexico! We will be taking our four "kids" too - 19 to 24 years. They are more pool people, could you tell me what the pool is like. And my husband and I are beach people and would love to know what the beach is like there. Thanks again to anyone who might help.:)

fantastic pool at the mayan. they say it is a mile long it also has a beautiful water fall in the pool and when you are in the pool you feel like you are in the ocean because you are looking at it and hearing it. nice beach right in front of the hotel but put your sandals on that sand is hot.

dont go out to far in the ocean because the waves get big from time to time iam sure you will love it we did.

ok this is how i remember the tour. we got picked up at the pier by our tour guide who spoke very good english and took us out over the mountain on a very pretty drive towards the mayan palace hotel along the way he gave us all general information about the city and stopped the bus along the way for 2 panoramic shots of the bay. then just before we arrived we were told how long we would be at the pool for and buffet lunch. with a drink of your choice included,toweles where provided.we stayed at the hotel for about 4 hrs. after that we got back on the bus we then had a bit of shopping time and then were taken to see the cliff divers. once again we really enjoyed this tour and felt our money was well spent.

hope this has been of some help. enjoy your cruise.

THANKS Lovemexico - Just what I wanted to hear. Would feel guilty not seeing the cliff divers in Acapulco - BUT, would rather have a good time on the beach. Did you enjoy the cliff divers? Thanks for all your imput!!:) (And, why are you having trouble remembering???LOL!! Too much fun I expect - hope to have the same!)

Here's an idea. Especially if you have a large family. Try the ACA Bay Hotel and Beach Club. Or other local beach front hotel

http://www.acapulco.com/en/hotels/acabay/

Celebrity cruises uses this hotel as a beach break on their cruises. They charge $75 per person. The hotel is not far from the ship. So here's the deal: Hotel rooms cost only $51 or $71 depending on the date. Taxes are an extra 17%. So why not just rent a room for the day and use all their facilities. They have an 800 number to call. Verify everything first.

Acapulco has many very cheap but good hotels. You might contact them too. Try Expedia for prices.

Just a thought.

Archived