Venice — Embarkation at Fusina Pier

Herman The Cat

If I were embarking at Venice, (and assuming I would do our usual practice of arriving a day or two before to de-jet lag and acclimatize), and were staying in a reasonably decent hotel in Venice, I would talk with the front desk/concierge in a most friendly, solicitous way, and explain when and where you're embarking, and throw yourselves on their tender mercies to get you there, with expectation you will pay their somewhat inflated charges for a water taxi or van or whatever.  A good concierge will call ahead, and in their nice Italian way, find out what is really going on, and help you get where you need to be, and have someone to help with your luggage.  Big tips are in order.  You should still have copy of whatever official info you have from Silver Seas, as your starting point in all this.  It is possible or likely your hotel has helped others with same issue, and may know a few tricks (their uncle works in Fusina, etc.).  Good luck.  

8 hours ago, travelover99 said:

From TA:

We asked the group coordinator at  Silver Sea about guests arriving prior to embarkation and here was their reply:

What about the guests going in early before embarkation day? Are they to make their way to the Fusina pier on their own and be tested there right?  

A-Yes .

You will not be able to check in at the previous Marittima port.

I appreciate this has come from SS but I would be very careful. Fusina is nothing but a commercial port/ferry terminal. There were no facilities I could see to even consider checking in and being tested there.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, travelover99 said:

I called Silverseas and was told to go to Marittima. She did say that the eticket should be clearer now. I have not received our tickets.

Unfortunately your group coordinator who gave you instructions about going to Fusina may have been confident but utterly wrong.

Per my earlier post, my TA called, sent them a screenshot of the language in the electronic cruise ticket and they amended the language to be more specific. These are the new instructions on the ticket on embarkation info. 

Please note: Although the ship will be docked at the Fusina pier, guests must first arrive to the Venice Cruise Terminal* in order to drop off their luggage, undergo a rapid antigen test, and check-in for their voyage. They will then be transferred via motor coach to the Fusina pier (25 min drive) in order to board the ship.
*Guests arriving via water taxi will need to dock at Marittima pier, where a complimentary shuttle will drive them to the entrance of the Venice Cruise Terminal.