RCCL vs. Carnival Food

njsteve

Who has better food??? I have only cruised on Carnival and I am considering rccl for my next cruise. Could use your help!!

This is something that is different from person to person. What I like and look for could be very different then what you like.From the people I have talked to and the posts that I have read every line and ship could be a little different. I would say the best thing to do is try a RCCL cruise and make that decision yourself.

As already stated, food is very subjective, but in my opinion, Carnival has better food than RCCL....BUT, I prefer sailing RCCL much more than Carnival! I have sailed both lines many times and enjoyed both, but I find the overall experience with RCCL to be superior to Carnival. I am NOT a "foodie" so the quality of the food is not at the top of my list. I enjoyed the food on both lines but do think Carnival has the edge (particularly in the casual dining venues). I prefer the more "sedate" atmosphere of RCCL over Carnival. I am nearly 50, so that may have some effect on my opinion. When we were younger, Carnival was perfect for us! It is truly more fun, but now we are more in the market for relaxation so we lean toward RCCL. I do feel that the Voyager-class ships tend to be more "fun" than the RCCL's other ships though, so if you are a Carnival fan and wanting to try RCCL, I recommend a Voyager-class ship! I must be honest though, I've never been on any cruise that I didn't like! :D

I agree with Bonnie. For my taste I think Carnival's food is just a bit better than Royal Caribbean's. Love their West Indies Pumpkin Soup. Carnival's pizza is far, far superior to RCs but then some RC ships have a Johnny Rockets and I love their casual food.

Personally, I like RCCL food just a bit better, but I don't think you'll go wrong on either line. The first cruise I was on though (Jubilee) I remember asking about the steaks that they serve every night in case you don't care for anything on the regular menu of the night and he shook his head and said that we should stick with the regular menu :eek: . Never had that told to me on an RCCL cruise and I thing the steaks with seasoned butter on RCCL were some of the best steaks I've had. Same goes for the fries too!

When it comes to the main dining room then I think both lines are about the same. Very good. Service and presentation was a little better on RCI and the atmosphere is much better. As to the buffet, RCI has Carnival beat hands down. I've never had bad RCI food on the buffet but Carnival has been so bad it sickened me. ( Carnival Miracle buffet was very good) I don't like Johnny Rockets or Pizza as I don't care for Pizza or Burgers no matter where they are so I'm no judge there. Both lines have decent room service, ice cream, etc.

The dining room food, IMHO, is a toss up (pretty equal across the two cruise lines - but can be slightly better or worse on a particular ship).

Burgers, Pizza, grille items are much better on Carnival. If the RCCL ship has a Johnny Rocket's you can get much better burgers there than at the Windjammer. Pizza on RCCL is just a waste of stomach space that could be used for something else (think cardboard).

Archived