Suggestions on what to do, beach maybe? with a 3 & 4 yr old -m

TSoccer5

Just incase you are wondering if stingray city is possible, we brought our son when he was just shy of three on the Soto's tour. I just held on to him while we were moving, and stayed on during the snorkel stops. When we got to stingray city, I got into the water first, and DH handed him to me. We also had other kids 9, and 11 with us, and grandmas, 64, 70 and 84. Everyone enjoyed the stingray portion of the tour.

If your kids are accustomed to the water then the rays would be a blast-my 4 year old did a great job- just go with a private company so your group can have more attention. I know Nativeway has the rays, island tour and then they will drop you at seven mile beach. You have to get a taxi back to the pier but it is a minimal cost. My family was not interest in the island tour (mostly DH wanted to know what all the fuss was over the turtles), so we did the rays and rum point- which is an excellent beach. The only problem was we did not spend enough time (about 2 hours) there for my liking (I'm an all day beach person).

Hello: I agree that a small tour, like Sotos is great. We did Sting Rays and Snorkeling with Sotos on 2/15. If the weather is bad, windy with high surf I would skip it. When we were there the waves were very high and throwing me around while I was trying to hold my 5 year old. I would estimate the waves to be at least three feet if not more. We ended up back on the boat and my 8 year old got sea sick. I do not want to rain on anyones parade but if the weather is windy and the seas high, I would not take kids.

Hello: I agree that a small tour, like Sotos is great. We did Sting Rays and Snorkeling with Sotos on 2/15. If the weather is bad, windy with high surf I would skip it. When we were there the waves were very high and throwing me around while I was trying to hold my 5 year old. I would estimate the waves to be at least three feet if not more. We ended up back on the boat and my 8 year old got sea sick. I do not want to rain on anyones parade but if the weather is windy and the seas high, I would not take kids.

Bill,

How did your 5 year old like the rays? Would you take them back if the weather was better?

If it's two to two ratio (you and a husband) Stingray City is a possibility. You already know when it's two against one it's harder! (right now I am about to change two diapers, grr. Can't wait till mine are older. Bless em).

If you don't want to do DC then go to Seven Mile beach with a bucket, a shovel and a ton of sunscreen. They will have a ball!

some place with bathrooms and close to somewhere to grab some lunch maybe?

DH wants to wait until the kids are older to do the Sting Rays, our 4 year old is very "wimpy", though our 3 yr old would jump right in! DH is still kind of leary about it so we will wait until another trip =-). Or DD and I will go alone when she gets older.

TIA!

Hello:

Our daughter really wanted to be in the water and if it was calm I would have no problem holding her and letting her do the excursion/ My wife on the other hand thought that it was to deep and she is leary of the stingrays. Billy, our captain with Sotos, told me that the weather and waves we experienced was the norm for this time of year. But the short answer is if it were calm I would definitely like to try it again.

Bill

Hello:

Before we ultimately did the Stingrays, I checked out the Hyatt at 7 mile, nice pool and beach area with a good resteraunt. Check them out on the internet. They do charge you to use the facilities but it seemed like for the money you would have less crowds with a nice facility.

Bill

some place with bathrooms and close to somewhere to grab some lunch maybe?

DH wants to wait until the kids are older to do the Sting Rays, our 4 year old is very "wimpy", though our 3 yr old would jump right in! DH is still kind of leary about it so we will wait until another trip =-). Or DD and I will go alone when she gets older.

TIA!

Hi Tia,

We took our 4 & 5 yr old girls to Sea Grape on 7 mile beach for the day. They have super clean restrooms, a beach bar/resturant. It was an awesome day & the we just brought sand toys from home & the girls were able to play at the waters edge in the sand & also played some in the water. We also brought their lifejackets just in case they needed them. Like I said it was a great day & they enjoyed every min. of it. It really was "their" vacation.......

If your interested in seeing any photos of Grand Cayman and 7 mile/sea grape beach, Costa Maya, Belize & Cozumel and Legend of the Seas please click on the link below:

http://cruisegirl29.shutterfly.com/action/

You have to enter the password: bella3

Enjoy,

Sue

Archived