Concierge Class/Mercury Question

cruise2ak

I am booked in a CC cabin in the Mercury for an August sailing. When I called Celebrity, I was told that we got priority embarkation/debarkation only upon the initial embarkation onto the ship on the first day and and upon the final debarkation at the end of the cruise. However, I have read threads on this board that seem to indicate that those in CC cabins get prioriy debarkation at all ports as well. Anyone been on the Mercury lately who could speak to this? Thanks.

cruise2ak, I have to sort of agree with the X agent. We arrived early and didn't need the early embarkation line upon arrival, the Juneau and Skagway ports did not offer any early embarkation to anyone, but once the lines were open it only took about 15 minutes to get off for us. We did get tickets for a priority tender in Ketchikan but it still took about 15 minutes after they led us from the 12th deck to the 3rd deck. We were in the second group to leave the ship on the last day and were called out of the room 20 minutes after we arrived and had our luggage and was in a cab to the airport less than 10 minutes after that.

Not sure how they can do better to get 2000 people off faster in ports. It has been the same on other cruises that I have been on. I have noticed though that if you just wait a half 20 minutes or so after the all clear sign is given that the wait was only about 5 minutes! Also don't wait until the last 15 minutes to get back on the ship also, the line tended to back up then also. I will post a review later on what I noticed last week. Scott

I didn't see any special lines on our 6/4 cruise for CC or suites, but since we were in the general populace maybe some things happened that we didn't know about? I don't think so though because I only ever saw one line out of the ship. I can't complain about embarkation/disembarkation at ports though. We went very quickly even when things seemed packed beyond belief. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] In fact, one time we got off so fast that we were too early for our shore excursion and ended up getting sent for a short walking tour of Ketchikan trying to find our bus. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jen

1st Cruise on Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 6/4/2004

Archived